“The best churasco ever!”

Las Cazuelas Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 62 Restaurants in Deming
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: Las Casuelas Restaurant is located inside the El Rey meat market.
Description: Las Casuelas Restaurant is located inside the El Rey meat market.
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

This place is beyond amazing. Their food if amazing. Their staff are friendly. The prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019

My husband has been testing chili rellenos during our travels and declared that the rellenos at Las Cazuelas were the best ever! He shared a bite with me and I have to agree! The flavor was excellent and the coating on the chilis was crunchy and delicious. I had the green chili chicken enchiladas that were very tasty. We stopped for a late lunch and were the only ones in the restaurant but the service was good. Prices were very reasonable - <$20 total for the meal.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2019

interesting sites, and put an extra couple miles on our feet looking for hidden objects. We rolled into Deming in that generally slow set of hours between lunch and dinner rushes, and pulled up to the outside of the building. You could smell the undeniable aroma of grilling meat and roasting chile from the parking lot, which only added to our appetites.

We were seated relatively quickly in the small dining room, where only one other table was occupied. There was a party of 10 at that table, but they looked well settled in so we thought nothing of it. The singular waitress came and took our drink order, then wandered off, and we discussed options. She wandered back moments later with some truly wonderful chips and salsa, but we had not quite settled our debate yet, so we asked for one more minute. That minute turned into 10, and another group came in, were seated, and full drink and dinner orders taken before we were able to flag down the waitress again.

Raz ordered a steak, and insisted I get the Churrasco Plate for two. I knew that was far, far too much food, but I wasn't going to debate any further when the Waitress finally graced our table again. Then the wait began in earnest. My phone had been dangerously low on batteries when I'd come through the door, so occupying myself with games was right out, and both Raz and I had reached the point of hangry, so conversation was also right out. We took turns strolling the isles of the little market that also shares the building with the butcher and the restaurant. I'd probably have had time to review the entire trip and post it had I both battery power and mental focus during that seemingly interminable wait.

Every second seemed worth it, though, when I sank my teeth into the first strips of grilled, seasoned beef. Raz's steak was perfectly done and the beefiness was perfectly complemented by salt, pepper, and a light smokiness. In addition to the beef, my churrasco included marinated, grilled pork and chicken, and grilled sausage and vegetables. Every last bit of it was perfection in the mouth, tender and savory and smoky, with faintly crisped and charred edges that added depth to the overall flavor.

Even having been hungry enough to tackle the cow in the field and start eating it before cooking, the both of us couldn't finish the steak and churrasco, but what packed down into the cooler for a midnight snack was barely a quarter of the churrasco's original portion, and no steak remained at all.

We're likely to come back next time we are in Deming, and we'll see if the wait is eliminated so that we can give a fifth star.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2016

Restaurant shares a building with a Mexican meat and grocery market. Food is average. Service is terrible. Customer of Mexican decent are waited on and served promptly, while others who arrived earlier are ignored. At a table for 4, when the food was finally served, one person at a time got their food. We insisted those that had been served go ahead and eat. 3 of us were done eating before the food for the 4th person was served - and then it was cold! We won't return!

Date of visit: June 2016
3  Thank bearhug68jr
Reviewed April 16, 2016

I had the Chile Colorado plate. The plate wasn't enormous, but tasty...and cheap (<$10). I think they should provide unlimited totilla (with dinner), as well as endless free chips and salsa.
As this restaurant next to a butcher/grocery store...I plan to go back select the meat/cut, and have them cook it or my dinner. Steaks are local beef.

Date of visit: April 2016

Been to Las Cazuelas Restaurant? Share your experiences!