“Just ok and spendy!!!”

The Lazy Lizard Grill
Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Deming
Cuisines: Grill
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Ok, first of all, the margarita wasnt very good, I got a little buzz, which was surprising, but I almost would have rather had a weak, but delicious margarita, then a cheap tasting one. The rim salt tasted like Morton Sea Salt and wasnt margarita rock salt. My friend said her drinks were very good. I had chicken strips and onion rings. They are just Sam's club institutional items that I can and do make at home all the time and at $9 for 3 strips and 8 onion rings is a little out of line. It was ok, but just ok and pretty spendy for what it was. As a new local, I doubt I'll go back anytime soon. I love the name, I liked the bar area, it was clean and well appointed, but although I really wanted to, I just couldnt love it.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

We started with a few drinks and then had dinner in the bar. Very, very enjoyable. Tammy the bartender was special dealing with regulars and travelers like us. Her presence was wonderful, her perfect manhattans were excellent
. The food was very good. Would be regulars if we lived here.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019

We ate here on the first night of our mid-January trip to NM and AZ. It was part of the Quality Inn where we spent the night, so it was very convenient. We ordered a chicken sandwich with onion rings and a cheese quesadilla which had some hot chilies in it! Bill with drinks and tip was $34.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Exhausted after our second day on the road from Nashville, TN to Phoenix area. Stopped for the night in Deming. There wasn't anything close by but then I looked at Trip Advisor and saw this place was 382 feet from the LA Quinta where we were staying.

This restaurant is actually in the Quality Inn so we could walk here from the LA Quinta.

Has decent house pinot grigio and hubby had the Blue Moon. We ordered the quesadilla and the taco plate and it was very good and price was very reasonable as well.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank cdna85
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

A little dark corner of the Quality Inn. Open 4 pm to 2 am in a town that rolls up by 9 pm. You might get lucky enough to have great conversation with fellow travelers of Interstate 10 .

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to The Lazy Lizard Grill? Share your experiences!