“Deming hotel stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Deming
San Antonio, Texas
“Deming hotel stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

After reading other's reviews of this hotel, we chose the Deming Hampton Inn. As reported by others, the hotel was very clean and nice, and Ashley at the front desk was very nice. What nobody had commented on however, was the noise! We felt we were sleeping in a railroad switching yard! Between the trains all night and passing semis on the highway, we were awake much of the night even though I sleep with earplugs! On our way out of town the next morning, we noticed that all of the hotels are close to the highway and the railroad. The hotels in the next town (Lordsburg) were even closer to the rail tracks! On my next trip in 2 months, I'll plan my time so that I don't end up in New Mexico on I-10 looking for a good night's (quiet) sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the highway and railroad as possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Found this Hampton Inn while in route, they were a bit off the road and around the bend, but well worth the GPS directions once we arrived!

The staff was really nice even late at night. We had a room mix up and they corrected it immediately and very politely! The hotel has a nice workout facility and a great hot breakfast as well as free Wi-Fi. The hot breakfast was so good, our kids didn't want to leave, they wanted to see what they were having for lunch.

We enjoyed our stay at Demming Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is our favorite hotel that we always stop at between Austin and Phoenix. We have been there several times now and we bring our dogs on the trip which is hard to find a nice place to stay. They are awesome and we always find a great restaurant in town to relax. As long as that doesn't change Deming and the Hampton are always on the itinerary.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank TJ M
Longview, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed here one night while traveling between Albuquerque and Tucson. We chose the Hampton Inn because we needed just one more stay to reach Gold Level with our HiltonHonors.
This is probably the newest hotel in Deming. It is the standard Hampton Inn with all the usual amenities. We got a good rate with AAA.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Terrific Hampton...has all the right touches, is clean, bright, and new. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Only downside was the noise from the trains passing all night....ask for a room on the highway side!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highway side...should be quieter
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary C
Wine Country
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Cant go wrong here!! New great staff, good bfast, clean, quiet location and yes a little more $ then the dog house "Not a Holiday Inn" across the street. Book through Hilton Honors and ask for the MVP rate, thank me later.

Room Tip: use Hilton Honors MVP
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kameljakey
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed at this property on August 8th after staying at this property atleast 6 times before since the recent opening. In town for business and staying with a business partner I had left my 4 shirts in the closet upon check out. My business partner took the bags to the car and and left my shirts in the closet. After driving to El Paso (4 hours later) we noticed my shirts were left. Called the hotel front desk and spoke with Ashley who told me she did not see it in housekeeping, or the log, but would check in the back and get back to me. She did not get back to me, so I called back and she told me she did not see anything. She then advised me to call back in the morning and talk to housekeeping. Called back and talked to Tina at the front desk who told me housekeeping was not available, call back at 2pm. Called back at 2 pm and was told they were gone for the day but my shirts did not turn up. Asked to speak to GM, I was told he was gone for the day. Called back August 11th and spoke with the GM. He simply said no shirts were found and he does not believe anyone took them. I said either the housekeeper or the next guest took my shirts. He said the housekeeper checks the blanket in the closet and laundry bag, so she would have seen them if they were there. And then GM told me that the next guest was lawyer that was staying there and he would never taken my clothes. He then laughed at me and chuckled over the whole situation.
I know I made a mistake but trusted a good Hilton brand hotel would not have this issue. Staying at hotels atleast 1-2 nights a week, this would be the first time I ran into such a situation. Very disappointed, a great property but poorly managed. I would recommend the Holiday Inn or La Quinta for anyone staying in Deming. Not as new, but clean and about half the price of the Hampton. As a former controller for Hilton Hotels Corporation I know Hilton brand hotels are typically better managed and held to a higher standard. This property is not ran by Hilton Management Corp and brings the strong brand name down.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business