“Mediocre at best”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I was disappointed in this hotel after staying at two phenomenal Holiday Inn Expresses in Kansas and Oklahoma. I found a big beetle on my floor in the morning and the ottoman was stained. The two chairs in the room were well worn although they advertise that the rooms were fully updated and redone last year (2008). I was not impressed with this hotel and will not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed August 1, 2009

Located right off the interstate as you come into Deming from the East, with clean, comfortable rooms, mini-fridge, microwave, single-cup coffee maker and a pool (that I regretfully didn't take advantage of). The bar has Shiner Bock on tap (and it was on the house as part of a special).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I was surprised by the value of this hotel. I got more than I normally get for the price I paid, which was less than $80 after taxes/fees. The hotel room was clean and everything worked. The beds were fine. The air conditioner worked well. The water pressure in the shower was not great, but it was good compared to most hotels I've used. Check in and check out was quick and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We were quite impressed with this hotel especially considering their rate ($59 for all rooms as advertised on billboards along I-10). We were looking for something clean, pet-friendly, cheap and right off the interstate. This hotel fit all of those criteria. It had actually been recommended by a trucking acquaintance that frequently travels along I-10.

We got a room that had been recently renovated. New carpet, new Serta bed, free wireless internet and a fridge were nice additions. The pet fee was only $5 or 10. If you are a Priority Club member, you get two tickets for drinks at the bar and a late checkout to 2:00PM. There is plenty of parking in front which was important to us since we had a Penske truck with a trailer.

As others have said, it is in the open motel style. I am fine with that but was most disappointed they do not have an elevator. If you are physically limited or have a large amount of things to carry in, you might want to ask for a first floor room. There are not any large truck stop style gas stations on this exit so we had to go down the road a bit to gas up. These are very minor things in my opinion and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2009

My husband and I were travelling from Texas to Las Vegas and had been travelling since 3:30 am and it was about 6:00pm. Needed to stop and rest for the night before wer continued our trip. Rooms were clean. My husband did not like the rooms opening to outside, he prefers rooms that open inside hotel. But it was the perfect stopping point as it was right off I-10.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2009

An older style Holiday Inn, but comfortable. They accepted my pet, and offered me a 2pm checkout as a Priority Club member without my asking. Good refrigerator in the room, spacious bathroom and bedroom. Free internet connection. The lounge and restaurant were busy, several locals were enjoying the Wednesday night barbecue buffet for $9.95. My room faced the Interstate highway but there was little noise. I loved parking right outside my door! I would definitely stay here again. Everyone was extremely nice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank travelersolo
Reviewed September 19, 2008

I arrived there at 2:30 a.m., after riding in a friends big rig from Blythe, a 3 hour drive from my house. Long story...anyway, I went to Deming to pick up a car, trucker friends gave me a lift. I was a woman traveling alone, and I was thrashed after 10 hours in the big rig.
I walked up to the hotel, and saw BUGS! Big BLACK BUGS all over the ground outside the hotel. I had researched this hotel on Trip Advisor, just to AVOID this kind of problem. I sadly watched the tail lights of the big rig fade down the hwy. I sighed. I was marooned.
I considered hiking to the La Quinta. But I had a load of stuff, I was alone, it was late, maybe not a good idea. I decided to go inside the hotel.
Well, inside was really nice! I was SO happy to see no bugs in there, and there was a sign that explained Hurricane Dolly had caused an invasion of stink bugs in Deming...sorry.
Oh. Well, turned out everyone in Deming had stink bugs. But it was not a problem. No bugs in my room. It was quiet and safe there. The breakfast staff was wonderful, food was good. The night waitress was not great, we waited 45 minutes for dinner, but the manager fixed that. I would go back there in a minute. And my room price was less than I had booked it for online! That was a nice surprise. I would say, if your going to Deming, stay here. It's your best bet.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business