“I would rather drive the 70 pus miles between Soccoro and Datil-EGR is awful”
Review of Eagle Guest Ranch

Eagle Guest Ranch
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Datil
Eagle Guest Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Datil
Point Richmond, California
“I would rather drive the 70 pus miles between Soccoro and Datil-EGR is awful”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

was booked for eight nights, left after three, the nasty attitude of the owners drove us out of there. We found a much nicer place in Magdelena. It was pain having to drive back and forth to Datil everyday but the people were so much nicer.
We couldn't even get a decently toasted english muffin, and they wanted to charge us for ice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank salvatto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My friends and i did not actually stay in the hotel, however, we had ourselves one of the best meals I'm sure any of us had ever eaten. We were traveling from Phoenix, AZ to Albuquerque, NM and stopped here on the way. At first it didn't look like to much was to be expected about this quaint mountain restaurant but we soon discovered otherwise. All 4 of us sat down to have a meal and the waitress came out perky and pleasant and asked us what we would like. All 4 of us saw the steak on the menu and being the carnivores we all were decided to have ourselves a try. She inquired if we wanted to go see the meat actually be cut (THIS PLACE CUTS THE MEAT RIGHT OFF THE COW, IN FRONT OF YOU IF YOU WANT!!!) we proceeded through the convenient store (located adjacent to the restaurant) and a woman brought out a hanging cow from a meat locker. She proceeded to hack her way through the beef and then sawed the pieces into 4 humongous steaks that the waitress immediately took to the kitchen. We chatted with the woman awhile before returning to our seats. About 15 minutes later the most gorgeous slabs of meat came out on our plates accompanied by fries and a side of macaroni and cheese for myself. We carved into the meat and it was love at first bite. My four friends and I were amazed at how un-like a store bought steak the meat tasted. it was cooked perfectly and was as juicy as anyone could imagine. if you EVER get the chance to travel trough this part of New Mexico i beg you for your on good stop by and have yourself the best beef on the planet.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank DivideBike
cali.
Reviewed December 14, 2009

on our way through nm we stopped at the eagle guest ranch (under new mang. from what I understand). They didn't seem too busy so we thought we could get in and out quick. the waitress and the cook stood outside smokeing a cigarette till they noticed they had costumers. once our order was taken it took some time before our food was brought to us. my steak was nearly raw while my girlfriends was nearly bunrt through and dry. maybe this was a bad day, but I don't reccomend this place, your better off to get food in socorro or pietown. if you have to stop just buy a bag of chips for 4.00, you'll get the same amount out of it

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank notthatgood2eat
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed October 20, 2008

My wife, granddaughter and I stayed 2 nights. The room was basic but clean and quite. The rate was cheap ( 3 adults $48) and it was the only place close. The people both staff and residents were very nice, friendly and polite. The cafe food was excellent, some of the best ive had and abundant portions. The price was competitive. There is a well stocked general store but kind of pricey. I won't hessitate to stay there again.

• Liked — Price vs quality
  • Disliked — Room furnishings.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DavePhoenix_AZ
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 26, 2007

I stayed 2 nights at the Eagle Guest Ranch, in Datil, NM. I chose the property, honestly, because it was the only option in the area. Nearest other motels or hotels are in Reserve (65 miles SW along Hwy 12), or Socorro (70 miles east on Hwy 60). I wasn't expecting much, but it was not bad at all. Details...

GOOD:
--Location - as said, the only place in the area
--Very reasonable rates (I think I paid about $40 a night, if I recall)
--Kept pretty clean
--Restaurant next door was a pleasant surprise - quite good food
--Staff were friendly and helpful

BAD:
--Just bear in mind that this a true road motel. Its not luxurious, and the amenities are what you'd expect for a $40 a night property, which is to say minimal.
--Rooms and furniture are old and a worn, carpet coming up in a few places
--Beds not real comfortable

As long as you aren't the type that considers a Holiday Inn "camping out", this property will do you fine. The people are friendly, the location and price can't be beat if your travels take you to this area (Datil, the VLA, the Bat Cave, northern sections of the Gila, etc.), and they keep the place clean.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank Migizi

Been to Eagle Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!