“retro for a reason” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frontier Motel

Frontier Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cuba
Frontier Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cuba
oxford ga
“retro for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

this is a family run motel from the 50's. Clean, no frills, reasonable and the owners are outstandingly friendly. Eat at El Bruno's down the street.

Room Tip: get a room at the new section across the street
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank lambscoper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Beverly, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Chaco Canyon (which is about an hour from Cuba, NM). We were greeted at the front desk by a very pleasant and accomodating woman. The room we were given was large with a king-size bed. The bed was comfortable and the room clean and quaintly furnished. We requested a "no smoking" room and there was not a hint of stale smoky air. We needed the Wi-Fi, which worked perfectly. This isn't the equivalent of the Ritz - but as a place to lay your head for a night, it more than suffices. I will stay again on my next trip to this part of New Mexico.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank pdmalt
cuba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Wow, we were so excited to find this little motel after our night in Chama...On business to our ranch in Lindreth from Iowa we had stayed in quite a few motels on our way. We were greated warmly and then taken to see a room, our Motel Host was quite helpful with suggestions for lunch and dinner and also where stores were located. Our second morning we were greated by our host and she was very concerned that the room, internet, flat screen TV, frig and microwave all were up to our standards and advised if there was anything she could do for us that she was right here on the property. It is nice to see someone take pride in their property with updating and remodeling their older motel......Very Clean! Thanks for the nice stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Paul C
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Took it into my head one day a few weeks ago (while on a visit in Abiquiu) to visit Chaco the next day. This hotel isn't very near Chaco, but even so it's one of the closest. I just needed to make part of the drive that evening and the rest in the morning. They were very friendly and were accomodating about me being unsure if i could get there before their official desk hours ended.

The room was quirky and the furnishings have been around for a while, but it was just fine as a place to lay my head. I discovered a couple of dead electrical outlets that presumably related to a bad circuit, and they went out of their way to take care of it as best as could be at the time.

I would happy stay here again in the same situation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank dekpub
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I were driving to Santa Fe from Moab...we decided to stay in Cuba because we were tired and needed to get out of the car. I had my iPad with me so we looked up hotels in Cuba...there are only 3 and they are all over 50 years old. This was my worst nightmare!
After looking at the reviews on trip advisor, we decided that The Frontier Motel sounded the best...
The owner was at the front desk and she was as sweet as pie!
Our room was totally adequate, 2 large beds, a nice TV, coffee machine and a hot shower. The shower was a challenge...I didn't want to get my hair wet:)
All in all I would say that The Frontier Hotel was just what we needed with NO Frills.
In the morning we went to the cafe next door and had yummy heuvos rancheros...and we were on our way.

Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Donna M
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Driving from Bisti Wilderness to Santa Fe at night when you're tired is not the best idea so I thought staying in Cuba would make sense. I checked Travel Advisor and liked what the reviews were for the Frontier Motel better than my other 2 choices - Cuba is not a bustling metropolis so your choices are few. When we arrived at 9:45PM the hotel owner was as nice as she could be - friendly, quick and efficient and we got to our room - got settled and fired up my laptop with the free wireless internet. If you are looking for the Four Seasons then you had better get to Santa Fe where there is more luxury - the Frontier Motel was clean and the bed was comfy! If I am ever back through Cuba, NM again I would certainly stay here again......:o) Oh and the price was right...I think she even made us a bit of a deal.....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cheyenne R
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed there March 24, 2012 it was for a graduation party. The room was on the other side of the street and very nice we where surprised. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank CharlieandMary

Been to Frontier Motel? Share your experiences!