“'A Southwest Gem'”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corrales
Sandhill Crane Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Corrales B&B and Inns
Richlandtown, Pennsylvania
“'A Southwest Gem'”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a last minute's notice - and am so glad I did! The place itself is so adorable and easy to fall in love with and my room was SO cozy - there was even a fluffy robe in the closet! Judith and George were both exceptionally wonderful and I can honestly say that the breakfast Judith made the morning I left was truly one of the most exquisite and delicious breakfasts I have ever had! Oh and I cannot forget the homemade brownies that Judith sent with me on the plane home - they were awesome! I really wish I could have stayed longer and I know for a fact that the next time I am in Corrales that I will be going back to the Sandhill . I would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone travelling and looking for a charming, loving environment. You will definitely be enchanted! :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
jactojan, Owner at Sandhill Crane Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
We're so glad you enjoyed your brief stay with us. Next time I'll make my famous apple raisin spice cookies for the trip home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Judith is a gourmet cook- for breakfast we had poached pears , garnishes of fresh apricots with cranberry conserve, orange French toast, omelets, delicious sausages, homemade muffins, juices- they helped plan our trips- warned us about the over-zealous highway patrolmen, printed out our boarding passes. Our room was charming- a wild west theme. It was easy to get into town and not very far from Sante Fe

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
jactojan, Owner at Sandhill Crane Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
It was so nice meeting you and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Just to let you know, I've just added a couple of new items to my breakfast menu. You'll have to come visit again and sample the new breakfasts!
Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again!
Garland, Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2011

My stay at the Sandhill was wonderful, and it really helped make a very difficult time so much easier. (I was in Corrales for a family funeral.) My room was lovely -- sunny, with lots of windows, with a small exterior courtyard that made it very private. Wine glasses, water glasses, bottled water are on a tray in the room for your use, along with an ice bucket. Cold bottled water and wine are available anytime in a small fridge in the kitchen, along with fabulous cookies or muffins or some sweet treat, baked by Judith, if you need a little something during the day or evening (the soft ginger cookies are divine!). For my purposes, the B&B was ideally located -- less than 5 minutes from the home, close to the church and a short drive to the mall and other shopping. The breakfasts were absolutely amazing -- I only was there for one, but it began with a beautifully presented fresh fruit salad of red pear, kiwi, blueberries and sliced strawberries, followed by a wonderful rotisserie turkey, egg and cheese croissant with chipotle mayo that was fabulous. But the best part -- Judith and George. So caring and accommodating -- Judith had a map ready for us to find one of the walking trails nearby, got up extra early to make coffee, muffins and bagels in a "to-go" bag for us as we left at 4:30 a.m. for the airport, and always were there when we needed them, but were not intrusive at all. They asked when we would like breakfast and happily accommodated our needs. They were truly a bright spot during a very sad time for our family. My parents and my sister also stayed at the Sandhill. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 19, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family in Corrales, New Mexico. It was very conveniently located less than a mile from our families house. The place was wonderful. The rooms were very beautiful and nicely furnished and clean. It really gave you a "homey" feeling rather than a typical hotel room. Your room is cleaned and bed made daily. Judith fixes you a wonderful breakfast and caters it to any diet and allergy needs as long as you can tell her ahead of time. She is very accomodating to your wishes. Make sure you ask to try her Orange French Toast while you are there...it is the best French Toast I have ever had! You can pick what time you would like breakfast in the morning, which was helpful so we could make plans with our family at whatever time and not have to worry about making breakfast or missing it. Judith is always looking for a new recipe and going to farmers markets to try to get the freshest food and does not like to make the same thing everyday for you. She tries to change the meal everyday to give a wide variety of foods and tastes, but you have the ultimate say of what you would like. If the weather is nice outside, they have a patio that you could eat on or stay inside at the dining room table and be served like in a restaurant. I would definately recommend this bed and breakfast to others. We enjoyed our stay. Judith and George make your stay a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JanetteS01
New York
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Three of us stayed at the Sandhill Crane on a recent business trip and we loved it. It was an excellent stay –start to finish. In fact, I added a second night to my reservation as I did not feel ready to leave. I felt right at home and yet completely pampered and cared for.

The owners, Judith and George, could not have been more helpful and accommodating. My two colleagues were vegetarian and I have dietary restrictions, but none of this was a problem. Judith took the list of what we could and couldn’t eat and made a delicious 2-course breakfast that was presented as beautifully as any 4 star restaurant. She even served us in her chef’s jacket and pants. (Great fun!) We felt more than well looked after.

The house is an old adobe ranch – beautifully and thoughtfully decorated. The portico faces East and has views of the mountains. We sat there drinking wine (compliments of the house) in the warm evening. Lovely. We then ate at a restaurant Judith and George recommended - Casa Vieja. And it was as good as they said it would be.

The three bedrooms are commodious and lovingly decorated. There is the Cowboy Room – with original prints and memorabilia of Red Rider; the Garden Room – with it’s own little porch area and walk in dressing room/bath; and the Suite – with private entrance, kitchenette and living room with TV. (I got the luck of the draw and stayed in this room – I loved it – it felt like I had my own apartment in Corrales!) The fact that the owners care very much that their guests feel welcome and cared for is obvious. Each room has a big basket of fresh fruit, an endless supply of bottled water (they know most of us are not used to high-altitude and they encourage guests to, “hydrate, hydrate, hydrate), fluffy towels, toiletries, high quality bed linens, and magazines and books on the area.

The morning I left, Judith was in the kitchen – at 5:30 am – with fresh coffee (in a take away cup) and a goodie bag of home baked muffins for me to take to the airport. (She had asked if I wanted breakfast, but I told her I couldn’t eat at that hour, so she made sure that I had something when I was ready! So thoughtful and kind. ) It was lovely to have such a personal goodbye. Very different from the hotels I usually stay in on a road trip. And it didn’t end there - when I got back home there was an email with the yummy potato recipe I had asked her for.

I would definitely stay here again and hope to! Excellence is what they are all about.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank 26theroad
California
Reviewed October 18, 2007

My husband & I, plus adult son stayed for 3 nights at the end of September. We stayed in the Bosque suite, which has two rooms, one with a Queen bed & one with a trundle bed which converts to two twins. We had a delightful time. Owners were very helpful and friendly. They gave us great references to local places, and directions for how to get to & from the sites around Albuquerque. Breakfast was excellent. Outdoor patio has gorgeous view of surrounding mountains. I'd stay there again happily.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank TravelingWriter55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corrales
Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho
Days Inn Rio Rancho
Days Inn Rio Rancho
#4 of 5 in Rio Rancho
Staybridge Suites Albuquerque North

Been to Sandhill Crane Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!