All reviews quail sandia mountains road runner albuquerque area welcoming hosts breakfast was delicious home away from home thought of everything every morning rio rancho southwest decor great room stayed longer guest rooms santa fe bunnies zorro
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our stay at the Chocolate Turtle was great. Dallas and Nancy made my whole family feel so comfortable and welcome. The rooms were so much like our own that the stay went too fast.
The breakfast was to die for. Blueberry french toast..WOW. Our family rented two rooms so I can speak for 1/2 of the place. It was very easy to find and there is plenty of parking space. The rooms are big enought where one doesn't feel crowded. The rear porch was my place. Coffee at daylight with the critters. Very quiet and peaceful. We will surely have a return stay.
During our stay we met Denise Stremal,which is the new owner, We visited for a couple of days and I can asure you thinks will still be great at the turtle. Thank you for a great stay.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The once in 100 year storm hit Albuquerque in August , one week before we were to arrive to spend a long weekend at a close friend's home. Water damage destroyed her guest bedrooms. Desperate to give her guests a first class experience, the Chocolate Turtle B & B was contacted and they graciously made accommodations for us at the last minute. This was a silver lining scenario; we couldn't have been happier. Lots of character, meticulous, quiet, delicious breakfasts and fun loving owners with a great sense of humor made our 3 day stay most comfortable and memorable. A must stay experience for any traveler; we will return.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

On our recent visit to a cousin's we chose stay at Chocolate Turtle because it is located directly across the street. When booking our room little did we know what a relaxing and refreshing stay we would have. Upon our arrival after our eight hour drive, I asked Dallas and Nancy about a safe and shady place to run. They directed me to the ditch which gave me an insightful view of how the town, Corrales earned its name. Our room was most comfortable and the food delicious. While drinking my early morning coffee I was able to watch the sun rise over the mountains and watch the little rabbits and birds as they had breakfast at the many feeders provided by my hosts. I will recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone traveling to the Albuquerque area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our stay at the Chocolate Turtle was magical. The Turtle is a hidden gem in the Rio Grande Valley featuring Sandia Peak as a wonderful backdrop to its beautiful gardens. To us, nothing says relaxed New Mexico elegance better than the superbly appointed Chocolate Turtle. Our hosts, Dallas and Nancy, made us feel like family, and we miss them already. No trip to New Mexico is complete without a stay at the Chocolate Turtle as far as we're concerned. It's our Southwest home away from home.

Room tip: All the rooms are great.
1  Thank TosaTravelers
CTOWNERS, Owner at Chocolate Turtle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Really enjoyed reading about your experience at the Chocolate Turtle! Your descriptions were lovely and I especially appreciated your comment that "nothing says relaxed New Mexico elegance better than the superbly appointed Chocolate Turtle." So glad you enjoyed your visit- we miss you too!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family stayed at the Chocolate Turtle at the beginning of this summer while we were visiting family in Albuquerque. We were warmly welcomed even though our flight was very delayed and we got to the bed and breakfast very late at night. The room was beautiful! It was thoughtfully decorated and had so many little details to make us comfortable. From the chocolate turtles (that my daughter loved) to the well-stocked bathroom, it seems that the owners have thought of everything. Our room had a little outside sitting area. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was a wonderful experience every morning. The meals were all delicious and made with wholesome, fresh ingredients. We enjoyed talking with the other guests. I would recommend the Chocolate Turtle to anyone visiting the area. We had no complaints. We hope to return next year.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Chocolate Turtle. Sorry that your flight was so delayed, but we are always happy to welcome our guests, especially after you have had such a stressful travel day.Really hope that you will be able to return next year!!