All reviews quail sandia mountains new mexico perfect hosts resident dog home away from home every morning thought of everything breakfast was delicious highly recommend this b b rio rancho each evening southwest decor great room guest rooms living area santa fe
Reviewed August 9, 2013

On our recent visit to a cousin's we chose stay at Chocolate Turtle because it is located directly across the street. When booking our room little did we know what a relaxing and refreshing stay we would have. Upon our arrival after our eight hour drive, I asked Dallas and Nancy about a safe and shady place to run. They directed me to the ditch which gave me an insightful view of how the town, Corrales earned its name. Our room was most comfortable and the food delicious. While drinking my early morning coffee I was able to watch the sun rise over the mountains and watch the little rabbits and birds as they had breakfast at the many feeders provided by my hosts. I will recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone traveling to the Albuquerque area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our stay at the Chocolate Turtle was magical. The Turtle is a hidden gem in the Rio Grande Valley featuring Sandia Peak as a wonderful backdrop to its beautiful gardens. To us, nothing says relaxed New Mexico elegance better than the superbly appointed Chocolate Turtle. Our hosts, Dallas and Nancy, made us feel like family, and we miss them already. No trip to New Mexico is complete without a stay at the Chocolate Turtle as far as we're concerned. It's our Southwest home away from home.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TosaTravelers
CTOWNERS, Owner at Chocolate Turtle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Really enjoyed reading about your experience at the Chocolate Turtle! Your descriptions were lovely and I especially appreciated your comment that "nothing says relaxed New Mexico elegance better than the superbly appointed Chocolate Turtle." So glad you enjoyed your visit- we miss you too!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family stayed at the Chocolate Turtle at the beginning of this summer while we were visiting family in Albuquerque. We were warmly welcomed even though our flight was very delayed and we got to the bed and breakfast very late at night. The room was beautiful! It was thoughtfully decorated and had so many little details to make us comfortable. From the chocolate turtles (that my daughter loved) to the well-stocked bathroom, it seems that the owners have thought of everything. Our room had a little outside sitting area. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was a wonderful experience every morning. The meals were all delicious and made with wholesome, fresh ingredients. We enjoyed talking with the other guests. I would recommend the Chocolate Turtle to anyone visiting the area. We had no complaints. We hope to return next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Chocolate Turtle. Sorry that your flight was so delayed, but we are always happy to welcome our guests, especially after you have had such a stressful travel day.Really hope that you will be able to return next year!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and pre booked the up up and away balloon package.
Chris and Bruce the house sitters could not have done more for us, from really good advice on what to see and do to helping me make some calls back to the UK when my bank wouldn't believe that I was on holiday in the USA and froze my card twice in as many days.
They also provided us with a pack up for the early morning departure for the balloon trip and then breakfast on our return.
The Chocolate Turtle itself is a lovely place to stay our room was spacious comfortable and very relaxing.
We would make his our first choice of place to stay if visiting thre area again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CTOWNERS, Owner at Chocolate Turtle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thanks so very much for writing a review regarding your experience at the Chocolate Turtle . So sorry to hear that you had an issue with your credit card (we've had some similar experiences and it is so frustrating.) Really happy that Chris & Bruce were able to help you out. Glad you selected our Up , Up and Away Package- how exciting that you were able to take a Hot Air Balloon Ride!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place. Chris and Bruce were the inn sitters while the owners were away. They were attentive, warm and welcoming. We absolutely loved the place and the backyard was relaxing and alive with cute critters like bunnies, quails and humming birds.

• Stayed: May 2013