“Chocolate Turtle B&B - BEST EVER”

Chocolate Turtle Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Corrales B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was a lovely experience for my mother and I. We were returning to our happy place, New Mexico, and had done the Santa Fe and Taos thing before. This time, we wanted to do something different, stay out of the insanity of Santa Fe, and go more rural. The village of Corrales is just outside of Albuquerque so there is plenty of access to things to do, shopping, and food. There are also these things located in Corrales! The Chocolate Turtle is a beautiful and quaint B&B and the owners, Dallas & Nancy, are just phenomenal. You are taken care of from the moment you enter the home to the moment you depart. They think of everything that you might need and even things you don't know you need! The B&B is surrounded by absolutely amazing flora and fauna and it feels as if you are tucked away in an exclusive resort while you are there, but the main road to Albuquerque is just less than a quarter of a mile away! Nancy & Dallas also create fabulous and scrumptios breakfasts. It is also not every day that one gets to dine with roadrunners! When we go back to New Mexico to the ABQ area, we will stay at the Chocolate Turtle again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and equipped with necessities. The Bunny Room has two twin beds in it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The place is beautiful, indoors and out. The hosts, Chris and Bruce, were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast delicious. They catered to my dietary needs, were helpful with restaurant and sightseeing suggestions, and I got to eat breakfast outside each morning and watch the rabbits, quail, and roadrunners cavort about with their young. The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank katydid23
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in New Mexico (June 2012). We began our week at the Chocolate Turtle because we wanted a convenient location to Albuqurque and Santa Fe. We enjoyed our stay so much we returned at the end of the week to close out our trip. The innkeepers were away on vacation but Chris and Bruce did a wonderful job filling in. The breakfasts were delicious, the other guests were friendly, and the scenery from the courtyard was breathtaking. A top notch B&B experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was very fortunate to have been giving a gift certificate to the Jane Butel Cooking School in Corrales, and Jane recommended The Chocolate Turtle to me. I have stayed in numerous B & Bs over the years, but this is one of my most enjoyable and most memorable experiences.

The Roadrunner Room is colorful, comfortable and relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed Dallas and Nancy's lovely garden and was very happy to get an up close and personal encounter with their friendly neighborhood roadrunners. I didn't get a chance to have breakfast at the Chocolate Turtle, since I was out cooking all day, but hear good things about it.

To top it off, on my final morning I managed to lock my keys in the rental car. I was anxious about making it to the airport on time, but Dallas and Nancy were unflappable. Despite being woken at 7 a.m., they were very sympathetic and managed to find a locksmith who came, opened my car and I got on the road to the airport 20 minutes later and caught my flight.

I recommend the Chocolate Turtle very highly. I found Corrales a much more pleasant place to stay than Albuquerque, and the B & B is very accessible to the site of the balloon festival, Jane Butel's fabulous Southwestern cooking school, and many other local attractions.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed at THE Chocolate Turtla also in 2011, we enjoyed it so much so went back this year. I can't say enough about it, it is wonderful. Nancy and Dallas do a super job. This place is so clean you never see dust. My husband even noticed that. There courtyard over looks the Sandia Mountains. If your there in the afternoon you might luck out and see the mountain turn pink as the sun gets lower in the sky. Sandia is Spanish for watermelon. It' just a relaxing place to sit almost any time of the day. It's closeto alburque and not really that far from Santa Fe. The Al Unser and the Balloon museums are real close. We enjoyed the Al Unser museum so much last year that we also made areturn trip there.
Take a look at Chocolate Turtle websight to see picture's of there rooms. The website is turtlebb@comcast.net

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here one night in the Bunny Room. The room was comfortable enough--somewhat close to the furnace closet. If the pillows don't suit you (they didn't me), there are more in the closet, or ask the owners.The owners are a delightful couple who served up a delicious breakfast. We enjoyed meeting the other guests at breakfast. We came in the winter; I would love to visit when the garden is in bloom. Only one recommendation to the owners: a small bench outside the bathroom would be nice for setting things on. I especially enjoyed sitting in the living area in the evening, this being close to Christmas, the room was decorated nicely.

Room Tip: I will go with one of the larger rooms if I return.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I spent two nights at the Chocolate Turtle in Corrales, NM. I loved my stay there. The innkeepers were very welcoming and extremely helpful in organizing outings. The inn is beautiful, my room was comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious. I enjoyed meeting the other guests. Lastly, the inn is centrally located in terms of exploring Albuquerque and Santa Fe. I loved being outside the city.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara464
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corrales
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm

Been to Chocolate Turtle Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!