“Just like family”

Ranked #1 of 4 Corrales B&B and Inns
Wichita
“Just like family”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is our second visit to the Chocolate Turtle. Dallas took very good care of us. You feel at home from the minute you step in. Dallas and Nancy feel like a part of our family. We will be back again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Boston
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I travel to Albuquerque every year to visit to family and decided to try a rural setting for my stay. Even thought I grew up in Old Town I have never spent any time in Corrales. Dallas & Nancy were away, but we were greeted by Barbara, who settled us in & made breakfast every morning. My sister stayed only one night but I was there for 4 nights. Every breakfast was delicious. I have stayed in many b&bs and this one has the most generous array of snacks & beverages available for guested that I have seen. Different baked goods were put out every day in addition to a large variety of other snack food. The property is beautiful - sensitively "xeriscaped" to respect the desert climate. The rooms were very comfortable and each had my favorite feature, a ceiling fan. And all of this for a very reasonable price. It is a bit of a drive into the city of Albuquerque, and rush hour traffic in Albuquerque is a horror. Nevertheless I did most of my driving in off hours and it was not a problem. The village of Coralles is quite rural (no street lights). When I was growing up in the '60's it was and still is an artist enclave with some interesting shops & galleries. There are pleasant places to eat a short drive from the b&b, particularly the Indigo Crow. I would stay here again, if only to have a chance to meet Dallas & Nancy. Highly recommended

Room Tip: I was in the Quail room which had the only bathtub & a fine desk.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is an absolutely wonderful place to stay. From the minute the door opened, I felt I had entered an oasis. Dallas and Nancy are incredible and made our time truly fantastic. The house is very relaxing, with a lovely garden and superb food. I recommend staying here on any trip to New Mexico.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights here on our 30th anniversary trip in September, 2011. Nancy and Dallas (and Chris, who settled us in) were awesome! The property is so beautiful, with roadrunners, birds, and bunnies to amuse you. We stayed one night in the Quail room, then switched to the Bunny Room for 2 nights. The Bunny room is smaller, which was an adjustment, but that was ok. The property is so clean, and homey. There are some items for sale in the dining room (wooden pieces carved by a local artisan) that I wanted to purchase, and Nancy wrapped them up extremely well in bubble wrap for me (Thank you Nancy!)--every little bird and twig was safely wrapped for our journey home. (I appreciate that even more because I purchased a glass ornament at a store on the plaza, hand carried it in my carry-on and when I got home, it was shattered in a zillion pieces). Nancy also printed our boarding passes for us, made me a delicious special omelet without onions (since I am an onion-aphobe). Our flight home required us to get up early to get to the airport, and Nancy and Dallas made a special early breakfast just for DH and me--New mexican style eggs benedict with queso and fruit. They really made us feel at home here.

1 Thank Mskay
Ciamannacce
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We are a family of three, my wife, my seven years son and I.

We spent fours nights there. Dallas, Nancy and Jeannie have always demonstrated a will to please each of us.

Guests before us praised great food, great rooms, peaceful rest, ideal location and they are right when using words like "wonderdul", "outstanding", "welcoming", "delightfull.

What I would like to stress is how they always manage to keep on with their guest issues: food allergies, things to do, warning about the weather and suggestions related to this, booking of a tour...

They pay interest in their guests and they are more than interesting people to get acquainted with.

We do thank them for our stay and really appreciated the way they run their business and the way they are.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Schaumburg, Illlinois
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Turtles, Quails and Roadrunners

When planning to visit the Albuquerque, NM area, it’s very easy to choose The Chocolate Turtle as your Bed and Breakfast. It is located northwest of Albuquerque in Corrales. It’s also conveniently located just a few miles down a quiet road from Albuquerque’s historic “Old Town.”

When driving onto the property, you’ll see how welcoming Dallas and Nancy have made their home and property. The front entrance is lined with luminaries. The interior is creatively decorated and the views from the back patio / breakfast area are spectacular. Their uniquely named rooms vary in size and decor. The main sitting room is huge, yet quaint.

Dallas and Nancy are eager to share information about the area, answer questions, and help make your visit outstanding. Their Trip Advisor ratings say it all.

“Made from scratch” breakfasts are delicious and vary each day. You’ll leave the table appreciating the care the Chocolate Turtle hosts have taken to satisfy you. During our 5 day stay in September, we were treated to morning wildlife visits by a few of the local quail, roadrunners. and hummingbirds among others. An afternoon treat is found in the well stocked “extra goodies” room.

After visiting their website and checking the numerous Trip Advisor ratings, you’ll agree with us that Dallas and Nancy provide a unique home away from home. I suggest you make your reservation over the phone to assure that you select the room that best meets your needs.

Room Tip: Book over the phone to choose the room that best meets your needs
Adamsville, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We spent two wonderful days at this Bed & Breakfast. Dallas and Nancy made us feel at home the moment we arrived. Coffee/tea and homemade cookies are a great treat after a day of traveling. The Sandia room has a first rate view of the mountains and the private patio was a great place to enjoy morning coffee. We enjoyed fantastic breakfasts while admiring Nancy's beautiful gardens. The roadrunners, bunnies and quail are fun to watch, too! Dallas was very helpful with tips on the best restaurants and convenient routes to attractions. We were treated like family or friends. Wonderful place to relax and experience all the southwest has to offer. Look forward to staying at the Turtle again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corrales
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Rio Rancho
Huning Highland Historic District
Hotel Parq Central
Hotel Parq Central
#3 of 144 in Albuquerque
Sandia Resort & Casino
#37 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Chocolate Turtle Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!