All reviewsquailsandia mountainsnew mexicoperfect hostsresident doghome away from homeevery morningthought of everythingbreakfast was delicioushighly recommend this b brio ranchoeach eveningsouthwest decorgreat roomguest roomsliving areasanta fe
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights here on our 30th anniversary trip in September, 2011. Nancy and Dallas (and Chris, who settled us in) were awesome! The property is so beautiful, with roadrunners, birds, and bunnies to amuse you. We stayed one night in the Quail room, then switched to the Bunny Room for 2 nights. The Bunny room is smaller, which was an adjustment, but that was ok. The property is so clean, and homey. There are some items for sale in the dining room (wooden pieces carved by a local artisan) that I wanted to purchase, and Nancy wrapped them up extremely well in bubble wrap for me (Thank you Nancy!)--every little bird and twig was safely wrapped for our journey home. (I appreciate that even more because I purchased a glass ornament at a store on the plaza, hand carried it in my carry-on and when I got home, it was shattered in a zillion pieces). Nancy also printed our boarding passes for us, made me a delicious special omelet without onions (since I am an onion-aphobe). Our flight home required us to get up early to get to the airport, and Nancy and Dallas made a special early breakfast just for DH and me--New mexican style eggs benedict with queso and fruit. They really made us feel at home here.

1  Thank Mskay
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We are a family of three, my wife, my seven years son and I.

We spent fours nights there. Dallas, Nancy and Jeannie have always demonstrated a will to please each of us.

Guests before us praised great food, great rooms, peaceful rest, ideal location and they are right when using words like "wonderdul", "outstanding", "welcoming", "delightfull.

What I would like to stress is how they always manage to keep on with their guest issues: food allergies, things to do, warning about the weather and suggestions related to this, booking of a tour...

They pay interest in their guests and they are more than interesting people to get acquainted with.

We do thank them for our stay and really appreciated the way they run their business and the way they are.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Turtles, Quails and Roadrunners

When planning to visit the Albuquerque, NM area, it’s very easy to choose The Chocolate Turtle as your Bed and Breakfast. It is located northwest of Albuquerque in Corrales. It’s also conveniently located just a few miles down a quiet road from Albuquerque’s historic “Old Town.”

When driving onto the property, you’ll see how welcoming Dallas and Nancy have made their home and property. The front entrance is lined with luminaries. The interior is creatively decorated and the views from the back patio / breakfast area are spectacular. Their uniquely named rooms vary in size and decor. The main sitting room is huge, yet quaint.

Dallas and Nancy are eager to share information about the area, answer questions, and help make your visit outstanding. Their Trip Advisor ratings say it all.

“Made from scratch” breakfasts are delicious and vary each day. You’ll leave the table appreciating the care the Chocolate Turtle hosts have taken to satisfy you. During our 5 day stay in September, we were treated to morning wildlife visits by a few of the local quail, roadrunners. and hummingbirds among others. An afternoon treat is found in the well stocked “extra goodies” room.

After visiting their website and checking the numerous Trip Advisor ratings, you’ll agree with us that Dallas and Nancy provide a unique home away from home. I suggest you make your reservation over the phone to assure that you select the room that best meets your needs.

Room Tip: Book over the phone to choose the room that best meets your needs
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We spent two wonderful days at this Bed & Breakfast. Dallas and Nancy made us feel at home the moment we arrived. Coffee/tea and homemade cookies are a great treat after a day of traveling. The Sandia room has a first rate view of the mountains and the private patio was a great place to enjoy morning coffee. We enjoyed fantastic breakfasts while admiring Nancy's beautiful gardens. The roadrunners, bunnies and quail are fun to watch, too! Dallas was very helpful with tips on the best restaurants and convenient routes to attractions. We were treated like family or friends. Wonderful place to relax and experience all the southwest has to offer. Look forward to staying at the Turtle again.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

First night in the Roadrunner Room was restful and quiet, even with all the rooms filled we didn't hear anything to disrupt our rest. Delightful breakfast outside before a busy morning and second night was in the Sandia Room with a private patio. Equally restful, quiet and I loved the colorful decor. Yummy stuffed french toast featured the second morning before, sadly, we had to depart. Dallas and Nancy felt like family, immediately making us feel welcome to their lovely B&B and indeed, we did unwind and relax. For sure, this B&B has knocked out other B&B's we've stayed in when in NM and is our first place choice. We hope and plan to return.

Room Tip: The Sandia Room has a king bed and Taos bed which would be great for 3 people. The Roadrunner Room with a queen bed is quite comfortable as well for two people.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family