“Quality food in a friendly, small restaurant.”
Review of Tres Salsas - CLOSED

Tres Salsas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Three Salsas is a very pleasing Mexican diner in the wonderful town of Columbus, New Mexico. The restaurant is pretty small and we found it pretty crowded for the Monday lunch hour, but the service was quite quick. It seemed impeccably clean and the air conditioner was doing a great job of keeping all of us comfortable.

The menu contains the usual standards of New Mexican cuisine and the two entrees we had were both ample and satisfactory. The prices were also very reasonable so you can enjoy a lot of food.

They also offer a variety of frozen drinks which hit the spot in this hot part of the country.

I'm glad Columbus has this place. We will definitely return here next time we are close by.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is a small restaurant in a very small village in southern New Mexico. My husband and I and four friends arrived to be warmly welcomed by Jose, the owner and his wife, Aurora. We each selected different menu items and before the meal was served we were each provided with a complimentary cup of delicious soup. As we started to eat each one of us in turn exclaimed how delectable the food was. It was plentiful, mouth watering and our only complaint was that we could not eat it all.. After the main course we were again surprised to be presented with a dessert-a New Mexico tradition sopapilla-a fried bread topped with icing sugar and served warm with honey. The last surprise was the bill -it was under $50. for the six of us, and we all agreed that it was the best Mexican food that we had ever tasted. We were treated like good friends visiting Jose and Aurora at their home. By the way she does all the cooking herself.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I met Jose and his wife Aurora last year when I came to Columbus, NM to help my mom with my dad. They welcomed me with open arms and my children. When my dad died in Janaury 2011 Jose and Aurora cried with us because the felt our loss they loved dad. They catered the whole memorial with the most mouth watering Chili Verde and ranch beans and all the trimmings. They are my family now and we spend holidays together and they call me Estrellita Which means little Star. I am far from little but I love the name. If you ever come to Columbus three salsas is a must place to stop and eat.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

I was on the penultimate day of a 4-day, 283mile/452km bicycle tour and had pedaled through ferocious rains & wind when I rolled into Columbus on NM11 from Deming. I would have preferred a mid-afternoon arrival, but a few hours later is acceptable. I was enervated and needed energy, quick. Following an almost obscure sign, I turned left on the Boundary Avenue and stopped two blocks later at the corner with High Street, beside the warm and festive Tres Salsa restaurant. I entered from High Street, but co-owner Jose redirected me to the front entrance of this fine establishment, 915 Boundary Avenue. Wheeling around the corner, I parked my laden Doublevision on the sidewalk and went back inside. Jose presented me with a menu and ordered what would give me plenty of desperately needed energy. I knew my route East back to El Paso was absolutely barren of any eateries for at least 70miles/112kms and, if I had any kind of a headwind, I'd be wiped out--possibly not able to get back home in time for my wife's birthday! The appetizer of chips and 3 salsas, followed by a 3-cheese smothered T-bone steak (served with rice & beans) and TWO sugar/caffeine filled drinks were perfect, giving me sufficient energy to continue pedaling. Unfortunately, the strong Westerly that had so buffeted me earlier while pedaling South on NM11 had largely disappeared for my Eastward cycle on NM9, and I concluded the days pedal, after 63miles/101kms, at mile marker 107.5(if it existed), awfully close to the pavement!