“Stay”

Econo Lodge Clovis
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed November 7, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The front desk had a fly swatter for us upon request. Yes, we had flys in the room. Once they were dispatched, the room was nice and comfortable. The beds were in good condition, the refer, microwave and big screen TV were all in working condition. Very nice front desk and a good FREE breakfast. We will stay here again (3rd time).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We are traveling cross-country and were relying on reviews here on trip advisor. When I showed up I got a better rate with AAA then I could even get on hotels.com and indicated to the gentleman at the counter that I had read the reviews and it was between here and the Hampton Inn. When I asked if there was a hot tub, he said - hold on a minute and took my keys back. He actually gave me a Jaquzi room for the same price - the room is awesome....I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori P
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is the 2nd time we stayed here during our motorcycle trips. They're always very nice at the check in counter. They have a decent hot breakfast. The rooms are clean and basic. They could use some remodeling in the bathroom to update but over all good room for the price. Beds are good. Owners try hard to make you feel welcome.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The outside of the hotel is nothing to write home about. The room had relatively new furniture which gave us hope, once in the room. It was clean and functional. But all that was undone by the noise of the air conditioning unit. It was a wall mounted glorified window unit that blew directly on the bed. When it was on it was so loud it was difficult to sleep and eventually the combination of noise and being chilled would be too much, so either my wife of I would get up and turn it off. Then it would be too hot and we would wake up sweating and turn it back on, only to repeat the cycle over again. Next time through Clovis we'll spend a little more to get a quite night's sleep.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight. Hotel is close to the highway which is nice. Great front desk staff, very friendly. She recommended a local pizza place to us that delivered. Clean room. Stale pool though. Very quiet. Comfortable bed. Mini fridge and microwave in room. Good wifi

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia F
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel was great. It's located in the center of town - restaurants and bars close by - though I'm guessing that Clovis is not a tourist destination. You are able to park right in front of your room - old motel style. The outside is not that impressive but care is taken with the rooms. The carpeting and bedspreads might be worn but everything is clean and arranged for comfort. Every room has a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, iron and board, and hangers. The wireless internet is free and fast. The young woman at the front desk had a fantastic attitude - very bright and aware and professional - she's going places. When my first room had a stopped up sink, she was very apologetic and immediately switched my room (rather than wait for maintenance). The maintenance guy ended up showing up right away and also apologized for me having to switch rooms. The beds are huge with a very warm bedspread. Not at the fault of the hotel, but there was some noise: passing trains, the TV next door (slight), and the room fan was fairly loud - none of this was enough to bother me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo