“A Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
“A Good Value”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here one night while passing through New Mexico. It as a very nice hotel with clean rooms and a good rate. The staff was friendly and helpful and check out was quick and easy. We did not stay for the breakfast or use the pool however the grounds and facilities were clean and well maintained.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We loved the overall atmosphere of the hotel. The outdoor space was inviting, and we spent about an hour enjoying the nice evening. In the room, we liked the combo entertainment center & kitchen station which was pretty unique. The bathroom lighting was dim, but the price of the hotel more than made up for it. The breakfast was ok, and the coffee in the rooms and at the buffet was weak & watery. We would stay there again though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We checked in and all seemed well. Get to room and the TV doesn't work. We walk up to the desk and tell them and the lady is rude about it. I think her name was Janine and she was the manager. Says she fix it.

Go back to room to find a maintenance guy who doesn't speak much english inside my room. Um, all my stuff is in there and there's a do not disturb on the door. Plus, we were only gone about 10 minutes so why didn't he knock and then when no one answered, maybe try back later? This rubbed me the wrong way and I told him to stay out of my room when I wasn't in there.

About an hour later, another guy shows up and at least he knocked. He tried to fix the remote and couldn't. Said he would call someone else. Another hour and another guy shows up. He managed to fix the TV but then it stopped working about five minutes later. Since we had already wasted 2 1/2 hours on the TV and I do not believe they had any idea how to fix it, I just went with no TV which sucked for my kid.

We didn't want to leave our room unattended because I now did not trust that the staff would stay out. They seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted to do and it didn't matter.

The building itself is older and showing its age. I feel bad for anyone who has a convention here. They really, really need to remodel that part.

The breakfast in the morning was nicer and had more selection that most of the places we've stayed at. That was the one nice thing about this place.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Clovis hotels

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for the night on our way to Taos. Chose it because it was so cheap. It was just crazy. For $59, I think they gave us the Honeymoon Suite or something. I half expected Elvis to pop out. It was bigger than our first apartment, had a bar area, and even a giant jacuzzi tub. It just screamed prom night! The courtyard was all fancied up as well. Inside was just as crazy. Indoor pool, hot tub, and video game arcade all kinda just right out in the open. Pretty funny, but much better than we expected. Surprisingly clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a king. For some reason the reservation guy called it a single.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheCoveredDish
tucson
Reviewed July 17, 2012

An older hotel that is showing its age. Getting close to time to renovate (i.e. bathrooms, "convention area") Room was clean, roomy. No complaints. Good, hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Note: most hotels in Clovis are situated by a major highway and train track. Trains start running a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wandersw
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I just recently stayed at this hotel and was more then surprised for the low price! the rooms were nice and CLEAN. The front desk clerk Maria was more than helpful she took the time to answer all my questions which is a plus. They have an indoor heated pool and a huge breakfast buffet!!!WOW!! I highly recommend the property is nice too!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank K V
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have to admit I wasn't expecting much when I made the reservation. We needed a place to stop and sleep for the night in between Houston and Santa Fe, so we chose this little town. It's very much a stop-and-go kind of a place, for travelers of car and train alike. This hotel, however, delivered much more than a place to sleep. The beds were comfy, the rooms were nice and clean, the breakfast left something to be desired but I was impressed by their selection, and the service was very good. It is located within walking distance of a McDonalds, a Sonic and I think a Wal-Mart if my memory doesn't fail me, which served us well on this trip. All in all, it's a very nice place to stay if you need somewhere to conk while you're traveling. Great for families with small children.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family