“Overpriced for the "Value".” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Clovis

Motel 6 Clovis
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Overpriced for the "Value".”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Too high priced for what it is. I would've been OK with this room at $35 a night after taxes but at $44 it was no value. The ceiling creaks and the room smelled like smoke. The only redeeming quality was the WiFi was fast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mike m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Its not called Motel 7 anymore it's called Motel 7. It's right off the main road and has good parking and great value. The room was just clean enought, and the beds were comfy. I was pulling a 40,000$ trailer and it was safe all night.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Darkneg777
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here for a softball tournament recently. The room had dirty carpet, stains on the wall, and a dirty bathroom. There was a huge spider by the door on the first night, so we went to Wal-Mart to buy some raid. The shower had spray everywhere expect in the center to shower properly. After you showered the floor in the bathroom had water everywhere. To top it off we were there during 100+ degree heat and their pool was closed. They have free wifi, but you have to ask for the password, and the one they give you doesn't work. I would never stay here again nor would I walk on the filthy carpet. Stay away!

Room Tip: Better hotels in town.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
rubenreyes, Manager at Motel 6 Clovis, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
I so sorry to read that your stay was less than you had expected I have looked at the issues that you mentioned, and have worked with my stafe to make sure that they have been resolved, I thank you for allowing me the opertunity to surve you, and for your candid response.

Richi

Travelers are raving about these Clovis hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was scared for my life.My friends room had electrical cords running across the floor. His bed was held up by cinder blocks and the ac was useless. If you want to experience what being in a horror slasher film is like then this crap hole is for you

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Mike666420
I am very sorry to see that you had this experience while staying with us, I have looked into the issues you mentioned and have resolved them. I hope that you come back so that I may show you that we want to give you the best hotel experience possible.

Belton, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Highly over rated at two stars. Place was very noisy, pool was in a total state of destruction, breakfast was not served at the stated time (we had to wake the owner), and to csll this breakfast, continental or otherwise, is a joke.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
rubenreyes, Manager at Motel 6 Clovis, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay, I have met with my staff, and we have corrected the issues that you described. I hope that you give us another opertunity to show you that we know the true meaning of customer service.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

The people at the front desk were accommodating and very nice. The room was big and the bed was decently comfortable. Very quiet. Fast, Free internet.

Nothing special. No Frills. But a good value.

The major drawback is that the whole area on this side of town smells like cattle. It was minimized inside the hotel, be warned.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
rubenreyes, Manager at Motel 6 Clovis, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and had a wonderful quiet experience. I hope that you return soon. So that we may continue to serve you.

Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

Let's just say that you get what you pay for. I got it for $35 on priceline as a stop-over between Austin and Durango, knowing in advance that I'd probably get this motel, with all of its bad reviews, based on what was available in Clovis. When we checked in, I wasn't sure if I was in the right place because the office was totally torn up and seemingly under renovation. There was a partially assembled (or disassembled) desk, a home computer, and that's it. Let's just say that I had immediate feelings of my cheapness coming to bite me in the you know what. But the man that came from the back room was very nice and got me checked in immediately. The bill showed a rate of $29.40. When I asked why the discrepancy between my $35 Priceline bid and his $29 rate (not that I was complaining), he said something like "Well, this is the price that we are charging right now." Because of his somewhat poor language skills, I could not really figure out what that meant after some more questioning, so I guess I'll wait to see what the credit card charge looks like.

The first room had a clogged toilet, so the office manager quickly got us (myself, wife, 2 young kids) into a neighboring 2-bed room, which had no issues. The room was clean, everything worked, the sheets were very clean and even new looking/smelling, though the comforters were VERY stained. Those were removed. The carpet was also heavily stained, though clean (i.e., vacuumed). Our stay was uneventful (no further issues with anything in the room, no noise from neighbors on both sides, etc.) and pleasant. The continental breakfast was dissapointing with a poorly working waffle maker (or bad batter), 2 cereals, and some bread and bagels, but it was enough for what we needed.

So in summary, if you're looking for a ~ $30 stop-over without lofty expectations, then it's not a bad place. If you're expecting something special or want absolutely no negatives, then stay away, as you probably would have anyway. ;)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
rubenreyes, Manager at Motel 6 Clovis, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
I wanted to aplogize for the construction that was going on during your visit to our establishment, we were in the middle of some major remodeling so that we can continue to offer great services and excelent rooms at affordable prices. I hope that you come back and give us the opertunity to show you that we understand the True Meaning of great customer service.