“Very interesting piece of history” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Clovis
Salem, Oregon
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Very interesting piece of history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I enjoyed my visit to the Norman Petty Studios very much. A lot of the original stuff is there and the man who showed me around was very knowledgeable. The best time to see it is when Clovis has their annual Music Festival - it is usually open for several days and there is free entrance.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Carla A

Spokane, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Totally Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Our visit to the Norman Petty Studio was a totally awesome experience. My husband, a great fan of the Fireballs as well as Buddy Holly, was so excited to see the studio as it stood when these great artists recorded here. Our guides, artists themselves, were so terrific in answering questions, and bringing the place to life. I would highly recommend this venue.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Janet L
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

My Wife booked a surprise 50th birthday holiday to Lubbock to see everything about Buddy Holly one of my goals was The Norman Petty Studio in Clovis I managed to EMail Ken Broad who looks after the studio he mailed me back and within 4 days I had arranged a visit WOW.The history of the place his knowledge was outstanding I was the only person on day of visit and he said take as much time as you want.to wander around the place and see and touch things that Buddy and the Crickets and a whole host of R N R singers and been at was very emotional if you ever get chance to visit Texas or Clovis make this a No 1 item on your list than thanks to Ken I spent nearly 4 hours there a wonderful gentleman and place

Visited February 2014
1 Thank damon m
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

What an amazing experience. To be able to see everything and touch it all was tremendous. Ken broad is a wonderful man; so full of knowledge and enthusiasm. You can tell its a labour of love. It was great too to meet and chat with David Bigham of the Roses. Another lovely man. It's a must for any Buddy Holly fan and it was well worth the trip from England. To sit in the same chair that Buddy did and listen to his music coming out of the same speakers he did was awesome. Many thanks to Ken and to David for taking the time to help me live a dream.No charge but you can and should make a donation.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stuart D
Auckland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank You Ken, it was amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing tour, Ken is a wonderful man full of knowledge and a passion for preserving the life of Norman and Vi Petty. Was amazing to sit on the very seat Buddy Holly had sat on and see where all the magic happened. Top 5 highlight of our 6 week trip. Thank you again Ken.

Visited September 2013