“front desk person not helpful ...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Jackson, New Jersey
“front desk person not helpful ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

asked if i may use the house phone to call choice hotels to make reservation young man working refused me told me to use my cell phone. what if I didn't have one ? I left and checked in Quality Inn next door .. young man should be fired !

Room Tip: don't stay at this location ... the front desk person is not helpful or accommodating at all !
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
JohnnyChin,

I am very sorry that your experience with our desk staff was not helpful to you. I truly believe that if you were to stay with us, your time here would have been satisfactory and of more value than this one encounter. Our desk phone is indeed only for hotel business purposes, as we may receive calls at any time and must answer within 3 rings. I have spoken with my desk staff about the matter, and found a solution should a guest need to use our phone to make phone calls in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us next time you are in Clovis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
La Vernia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after driving seventeen hours only to have the desk clerk tell us our cards were declined. When we called the card company, they said to call their merchant services to get verbal approval, the clerk sai she couldn't. We were so tired we just paid with another card. In the meantime I called my card company again, they called the hotel clerk that my husband wasn't there to present his card (he was) and that our second card wouldn't be charged (it was). We stay at many hotels and I've never stayed at one that the clerk was flat out lazy and a liar! Not a way to treat weary travelers! Never again Comfort Inn.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Cindism,

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. I'd like to apologize on behalf of my entire staff for failing to meet your expectations. While I can't say what exactly happened on the night of your stay, your experience is surely not parallel with the standards that we hold here at Comfort Inn & Suites, and I will certainly be looking into the matter to ensure that this does not happen again. Please do not hesitate to call me to discuss this with me directly.
Malvern, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stopped here because we were too tired to drive any farther. The bed was really comfortable, they offer a full breakfast. Only two complaints, first the wifi is horrible. We were unable to use with any of our devices (iPhone, iPod or iPad). It would show that it connected you, but it acted like dial up and would never let you actually open anything. This could of been very inconvenient if we had planned to stay longer. Second, the restrooms beside the breakfast area were horribly filthy at 7 am

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Coox3,

Thanks so much for taking time to review us. We really do appreciate feedback from the guests we work so hard to please. I'm glad you found our beds to be comfortable- they are quite heavenly and offer the option of firm or soft pillows. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were unable to use our wireless internet during your stay. Our wi-fi is compatible with all of the devices you listed, and requires guests to "connect" in your internet browser after the security password has been entered. I realize this can be an inconvenience as well as confusing, as many connections automatically open the "connect page". I will be looking to our service provider so that I might find a better option for connecting at our hotel. Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Clovis!
Denver City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We got our hotel room through priceline. When we opened the door to the room, the cigarette smell literally hit us in the face. We called down for another room but we were told the hotel was fully booked although I looked on priceline and they were still offering rooms at this hotel. We were told that since we bought the room online that was the room we were given. I asked them to come fumigate the room but they did not know what I meant. I asked to speak to the manager and was told that he was the acting manager. I went to the store and bought Febreeze to use in the room. Used most of the bottle and still had trouble with the odor. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Beth M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property. Unfortunately, Priceline's booking system always shows open rooms as non-smoking, as opposed to our own up-to-date system. We do our best to anticipate this, and I am sorry that we were unable to find you a non-smoking room. I will use this information to improve our guest's stays in the future, and sincerely hope that you will consider booking and staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly regarding your stay.
Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great place, great value, great staff. Would definately stay again and recommend. Clean, quiet. One of the best places i have ever stayed at. I would live there permanently if i could. I dont have anything negative to say about this place.

• Stayed April 2014
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you so very much for the kind words you wrote about our Comfort Inn & Suites in Clovis NM. We continually strive to give the guest the best stay away from home as possible. Please keep us in mind next time you visit our great city.

John Murphy
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Chose this hotel in Clovis for a one night stay, whilst visiting the Norman Petty Studio.

Large, quiet room with a very comfortable bed. Hotel seemed solidly built and so minimum noise from other guests. All staff with one exception, were very friendly and accommodating. Sufficient breakfast options to start the day ahead of getting back on the road.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your recent comments about the Comfort Inn & Suites in Clovis, NM. We strive to continually improve our abilities to provide great customer service and a great stay. We look forward to your visit next time your in Clovis!!!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I first stayed here several years ago when this hotel first opened. Close to the community college and most highways into the area. A good rate compared to other similar hotels in town. Continental breakfast had lots of options and a light supper of tacos and soda was available from 4pm-6pm or if you have snacks with you there are a fridge and microwave in the room. A dip in the pool and hot tub was a nice way to end the day. If you are a light sleeper you may want to bring ear plugs as the hotel is across the street from the train tracks but over all a very comfortable stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your recent comments about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Clovis, NM. We constantly strive to give each and every guest a pleasant, no hassle stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Again, thank you for your very positive comments.