“No Internet”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed August 5, 2013

NO INTERNET!!!
The young lady at the front desk Vanessa was not genial, not hospitable and certainly not receptive. I found it amazing that a modern hotel in this era would expect me to sit in the lobby to access the internet. I don't know if the owner Mrs. Breaux has not adopted the 20th century or is just to cheap to provide adequate services. As a Diamond Elite member I am disappointed in Choice Hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2013

First thing is the staff is GREAT. I've never been treated so nice walking through the door. The rooms are clean, big, roomy. The pool area is very nice and the work out room did not smell and was very clean. I would stay here again !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed there with two collegues of mine for three nights. The place is pretty buisy even that the railway tracks are pretty close. For one of our guys the Internet didn't work at all and for myself it was very slow.
The breakfast was good and we enjoyed it. The staff was also friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank andiv82
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have always trusted the Comfort Inns to be a comfortable place to spend the night.
I booked this hotel online and it did not disappoint. The room was very spacious and the bed so big and comfortable. The breakfast items offered were very good. The desk personnel were very friendly and courteous. The only thing wrong were the pillows. Little lumpy things that don't qualify as proper pillows in a nice hotel. But I would stay here again just bring in my own pillows which we have been accustomed to traveling with.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We specifically pick this over our usual BW for its indoor swimming pool and hot tub. But the hot tub was ice cold and when I mentioned this to the desk clerk, she simply said yes it was out of order but we could still use it. What?
Next disappointment was the wi-fi. After initial success even at crawling speed, thereafter I had no such luck. When checking out the next morning, I mentioned these issues to the manager who fairly promptly offered me a discount. Only problem was that I never actually received the discount. My Visa card was charged the full rate.

I submitted a complaint to the Comfort Suites and it took a full week for the hotel manager to respond claiming the discount was given. Huh? He also claimed I was confused. What?
Overall this was one of the worst hotel experiences and certainly will never stay at this hotel or for that matter, any Comfort inn. These days we all expect and demand in-room wi-fi.

Room Tip: If you need wifi in the room, skip this hotel. If you are looking forward to a soak in hot tub, che...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 24parks
Reviewed March 14, 2013

As grandparents we took 3 grandchildren on a trip. One of the nights we stayed in Clovis at the Comfort Suites. We had a two room suite for less than $100! The room was clean, quiet, with comfortable beds! It also had 2 TVs! The breakfast was fresh and hot...better than most hotel breakfast offerings. The desk clerk was incredible at multi-tasking when several groups came to register at one time. She was also friendly and helpful. McDonalds in walking distance was an asset. WIFI unfortunately did not reach our room ...the only negative. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: The two room suites are really nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Texasskipper
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've always enjoyed staying at this Comfort Inn in when visiting Clovis, NM. The hotel is very clean and has very large and spacious rooms. We had reserved a large 2 room suite for a couple of days, but ended up only staying one night in this hotel, mainly because it fell short on its amenities. The hot tub AND the pool were both out of order and our children really wanted to swim, so we had to book elsewhere. Back to the room - it was very clean, very large and the staff was very happy and willing to make our stay a pleasant one. The rooms have no WiFI....you have to sit in the lobby for that, therefore I had to borrow a Ethernet cord and it was kind of inconvenient. Other than that....if you want a room that is clean and staff that are kind and courteous, this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family