“Great value”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have always trusted the Comfort Inns to be a comfortable place to spend the night.
I booked this hotel online and it did not disappoint. The room was very spacious and the bed so big and comfortable. The breakfast items offered were very good. The desk personnel were very friendly and courteous. The only thing wrong were the pillows. Little lumpy things that don't qualify as proper pillows in a nice hotel. But I would stay here again just bring in my own pillows which we have been accustomed to traveling with.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We specifically pick this over our usual BW for its indoor swimming pool and hot tub. But the hot tub was ice cold and when I mentioned this to the desk clerk, she simply said yes it was out of order but we could still use it. What?
Next disappointment was the wi-fi. After initial success even at crawling speed, thereafter I had no such luck. When checking out the next morning, I mentioned these issues to the manager who fairly promptly offered me a discount. Only problem was that I never actually received the discount. My Visa card was charged the full rate.

I submitted a complaint to the Comfort Suites and it took a full week for the hotel manager to respond claiming the discount was given. Huh? He also claimed I was confused. What?
Overall this was one of the worst hotel experiences and certainly will never stay at this hotel or for that matter, any Comfort inn. These days we all expect and demand in-room wi-fi.

Room Tip: If you need wifi in the room, skip this hotel. If you are looking forward to a soak in hot tub, che...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 24parks
Reviewed March 14, 2013

As grandparents we took 3 grandchildren on a trip. One of the nights we stayed in Clovis at the Comfort Suites. We had a two room suite for less than $100! The room was clean, quiet, with comfortable beds! It also had 2 TVs! The breakfast was fresh and hot...better than most hotel breakfast offerings. The desk clerk was incredible at multi-tasking when several groups came to register at one time. She was also friendly and helpful. McDonalds in walking distance was an asset. WIFI unfortunately did not reach our room ...the only negative. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: The two room suites are really nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Texasskipper
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've always enjoyed staying at this Comfort Inn in when visiting Clovis, NM. The hotel is very clean and has very large and spacious rooms. We had reserved a large 2 room suite for a couple of days, but ended up only staying one night in this hotel, mainly because it fell short on its amenities. The hot tub AND the pool were both out of order and our children really wanted to swim, so we had to book elsewhere. Back to the room - it was very clean, very large and the staff was very happy and willing to make our stay a pleasant one. The rooms have no WiFI....you have to sit in the lobby for that, therefore I had to borrow a Ethernet cord and it was kind of inconvenient. Other than that....if you want a room that is clean and staff that are kind and courteous, this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed Friday night; checked in around 4; checked out about 11 Saturday. Facility was clean and moderately new. Overall the room and the stay was fine, but could have been better: Hotel was selected by our group for price and indoor hot tub. The hot tub was out of service, as was the ice machine on the 3rd floor, which meant everyone had to make trips to the 1st floor machine. During a trip to the ice machine around 11:30 pm, I had to walk past another guest that was so drunk he could barely stand, as he tried to use his room key to enter the workout facility. When I pointed this out to the front desk clerk and the hotel maintenance worker visiting with her, there was zero concern or action. (Would have been nice if they had offered to escort him to his room; can't believe they didn't think him going into the workout room in the middle of the night in street clothes in this condition was "safe" for anyone.) Breakfast was adequate but not close to what most other hotels offer. Cold cereal, scrambled and boiled eggs, breads, waffle maker, juice, coffee. Plenty of hot water in the sink to wash hands, but oddly the shower water stayed at luke-warm throughout the shower, even with the control was set to maximum hot.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in on a road trip checking in around 10. The girl checking is in was very nice and accommodating, she let us know about the free breakfast, and pool. Our room was spotlessly clean, and showed no signs of wear. The location is amazing with McDonald's, Sonic, and a gas station all within a minute walking from the hotel. I was impressed for what I payed and will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel fron 9/29 thru 10/6/12. We were in room 224. The room was super clean, and the staff was personable and professional. We will definately stay here again, when we visit my son in the Air Force, and his family! Thank you very much!

Room Tip: Room 224 is excellant!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family