Fairfield Inn & Suites Clovis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
$42
Quality Inn(Clovis)
$39
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew mexicofront deskyogurtmarriott brandnice and clean roomsmelonroom upgradehard boiled eggsstay overnighta great staypool and hot tubhave stayed here several timesthe breakfast areafree breakfasttrain tracksfridge and microwavethe young lady
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I attended a meeting at the Fairfield, it was an all day meeting and the helpful staff kept us well supplied with snacks, drinks and amenities. The room was quiet and comfortable despite a raging windstorm outside and the furnishings of the lobby were fabulous. Thanks for taking care of us so well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I chuckled when I read the review from the man awaiting the birth of his grand baby. That's exactly why we were in Clovis, in Sept. Must be the water. Anyway, we were at guests of the Fairfield for 7 nights as well and though we spent little time there (leaving first thing in the morning to have breakfast with the kids and returning after 10pm every night) the hotel and staff left us with a very favorable impression.

There was a foul up on our reservations...totally our fault...and the Fairfield came through for us with flying colors. Our room was large, with a sitting area, and the bathroom was larger than the one at the large Marriott we stay at in Mesa...plenty of room to blow dry your hair while the other is showering. The room was made up and fresh every day. It was nice coming back to that. (We were surprised and pleased to have brand new, put in the previous day, carpeting! First time I've gone shoeless in a hotel in years!) We were in the last room on the second floor and couldn't have found it more convenient. Zipped flown the stairs and out the door never having to wait for an elevator and getting a few exercise steps in to boot.

We never did eat breakfast there but I will say it was well attended so they must be doing something right!

The laundry facilities were clean and the machines worked the way the were supposed to...clothes dry in 40 minutes which was a huge relief. Some places you can't carry enough quarters for the dryers!

The little "store" next to the front desk was handy when the " gee, do you feel like ice cream?" devil hit. They had TV dinner type items stocked which could really be a godsend when you just have to have a little something to top your tank.

The Fairfield is most certainly a cut above the rest in Clovis. I would recommend this hotel to all prospective grandparents and anyone else looking for a clean, quiet (we never heard neighbors, could have been luck) property at an affordable price in Clovis. Note the base is a good 15 minute drive if that's were you'll be heading. Also, Portales is probably 20 minutes drive, both easy drives but on cruddy, beat up roads. Come on NM DOT, show Clovis some love!

One more thing; I am not sure why this is listed as a two and a half star hotel? Maybe if we were in a large metropolis but in Clovis the Fairfield is definitely 4 stars.

Room Tip: We really liked having an end room so no elevator waiting.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank wanderin98031
Amelie W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clovis, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Happy Holidays! Thank you for your review! We here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites-Clovis, NM are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We make it a point to go above and beyond for our guests to ensure that they become lifetime guests with us.

Please come back and see us soon! We would love to have you back!

Amelie Williams | General Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I work with a cross country and track team, and have been a part of one in multiple roles over the past 8 years. Through all of those years, I have stayed at plenty of hotels and this was my first time to stay in New Mexico. From the moment I called the manager, Susanna, she was very helpful and accommodating to our needs with traveling with a group of 20 college athletes. Susanna was quick to get back to me if I had any questions about our travel arrangements and did a great job of making the process an easy one.

We got to the hotel and were blown away by the decor and cleanliness of the hotel. Susanna came out right away to greet me despite the fact that we checked in relatively late. We had to leave prior to breakfast being served the next morning, so the staff at the hotel put together bags for us so that we could take on the bus - something that we greatly appreciated and have not been offered at any other hotel.

The rooms were great, clean, up to date and superior to most hotels that we travel to. I can not recommend this hotel enough, as it is also located within walking distance of several restaurants. Clovis seems like a great town, and despite our overnight stay our experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites was second to none.

Give this a chance if you are in Clovis, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Robert R
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have always considered the Fairfield product to be Marriott's basic property. It is not luxurious, but it is comfortable. We spent seven nights there when we went to Clovis to visit our daughter and son-in-law for the pending birth of our first grandchild. We reserved a standard room with a king bed. My only issue with the property is the size of the standard rooms, which I thought were on the small side. Otherwise we were happy with the accommodations. The room had a TV, chest of drawers, closet, desk, microwave and a small refrigerator. The wireless internet worked well. The bathroom had a full bath/shower, and there were plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable, and the room was kept clean. The breakfast was good. Each morning they had a choice of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, oatmeal, bread and muffins, hard boiled eggs, sliced fruit (sometimes melon, sometimes grapefruit), a variety of yogurt, juice, coffee and water for tea. The property also includes a small exercise room (two tread mills, an elliptical and a small dumb bell rack), a pool and a spa. There is a TV in the exercise room, and the tread mills and the elliptical come with integral TVs. The pool and the spa were kept clean, in spite of the windy conditions. There is also a coin laundry room at the north end of the first floor. The help at the front desk was uniformly pleasant and helpful. Based on our experience, I would not hesitate to recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Landlubber_9354
Reviewed October 11, 2013

If memory doesn't fail me, the hotel was built in 2008 and it has recently been through a remodeling. Good and clean accommodations with updated taste a little on the small size when it comes to square footage. Basic Continental Breakfast but overall decent and warm food if you are on the go.

Will definitely stay there again whenever I have to go to Clovis, which if you ever been, you should know that choices are limited.

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can as the insulation between floors is not the best. You can hear every step taken on the suite above yours.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FNet0
Amelie W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clovis, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Good morning! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Clovis, NM! I am happy that we were able to provide you with clean and comfortable accommodations. We were built in May 2007 and completed our renovation last month. It is definitely our mission to greet you with a warm and sincere smile at check-in and ensure that you are more than pleased throughout your stay. Come back and see us soon!