“Best option in Clovis”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Clovis
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stay at this hotel about once a month on business. I always opt to stay on the side of town that this hotel is on because the hotels on the main highway through Clovis are near the railroad tracks which equals LOTS of noise. Everything in this hotel is clean and comfortable and I have been extremely pleased almost every time I have stayed.

One small petty complaint about this hotel is that it does not have automatic doors to the lobby so coming in with your hands full of luggage or bags is a tricky challenge. The management has told me several times in the last year that automatic doors are in the works but they don't know when.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel which is opposite from Prince Street for less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank txprincess28

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stayed overnight while visiting the Blackwater Draw site and Clovis Culture museum. Perfectly acceptable hotel, with a good breakfast included of, on the whole, a range of prepackaged items. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. It is good value.
At the front desk, we were asked why two tourists from England would visit Clovis. I don't think people in America realise the significance of the Blackwater Draw site. There are not many sites where you can see evidence of human activity of 12,000 years ago. It is twice as old as the Egyptian Pyramids, four times as old as what you see at Stonehenge; I can only think of the caves in the Dordogne that are as old. The site should be a national wonder. It is a long trip to Clovis from anywhere else, however, and you more or less have to stay overnight. If you visit, this hotel would be a good one to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cassini
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Not much to say about this hotel. Its close to pretty much everything, about 10 minutes from the airport.

The room was a standard king size room, nice and clean. really not much to say about this hotel, i enjoyed my stay, everything was fine.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SaltShaker09
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed for a couple of days while traveling with my son who was being stationed at Cannon AFB. Very glad that we stayed in the North part of town (first time to Clovis) -- the hotels and the area along the South part of Clovis seem very run down -- not to mention the highway and train noise. Hotel was very clean and well appointed -- my only issue (and this is the same issue that I have with almost every hotel -- is that all of the pillows are too thick making it difficult to sleep. For once I would like to have a thinner pillow available!). This hotel also has an outdoor pool/spa, and the weather was nice, so that was the right choice for me. I'm not a big fan of indoor pools, although in the winter, that might be the better choice (Holiday Inn Express just up the street has an indoor pool). Altogether a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank T2IV
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My two daughters and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night during a softball tournament. I got a great deal on Priceline and paid way less that the rest of the team who stayed elsewhere. We received great service from the gentleman at the front desk, however, we were put in room 212 right next to the creaky elevator. I'm sure it 's because I was a Priceline customer. My 11 year old daughter thought someone was trying to get into our room, so I call the front desk and they didn't hesitate to move us.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank slojane
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Very good customer service. Room was clean. I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2009

This is a newer hotel on the outskirts of Clovis. I have stayed there twice this year, and each time the staff was extremely friendly and the room was clean. My gripes with the hotel are that the breakfast is awful; microwave an egg McMuffin rip-off or have a rubbery hard boiled egg, some lame pastries, or cereal. Also, it is in a developing area of Clovis so unless you want to eat fast food there are few places to eat nearby, and I thought it was a little too pricey for the property/location. Nonetheless, it was reasonably close to my destination and I get Marriott points so I probably will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo