“Average but nice”
Review of Super 8 Clovis

Super 8 Clovis
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The lobby was very nicely decorated and the man at the front desk was friendly & helpful. The room was clean and a good size. A little noisy outside until around midnight. The outlet by the desk didn't work and the bed was quite firm! Overall, an average experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike C

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We checked in...went to the room. The door was propped open. We entered, as we were getting ready for a shower, a maid used her card to open our door. I wasn't fully unclothed, but I was mad! My friend who was in his boxers walked across the room to get the towel from the maid.The following morning, when we woke up, mind you, it was 9 a.m., checkout time being 12 p.m. We got a knock on our door where I preceded to respond as the maid used her key to once again open our door. I was very upset because not only did the maid not communicate with the desk to know that it was occupied, she used her key two times as it was occupied. Makes me question security of this hotel and it's professionalism. When I went to complain at the desk the woman didn't even acknowledge me standing there as she carried a conversation with another customer. Then the icing on the cake, I got the general manager's phone number/card. I called during the week, the lady told me, "well, can you call back tomorrow because he's not here?" wow no concern as to why the customer was calling to file a complaint.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Cavegirl77
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stop in Clovis twice a year - for the last 30 years. The room was clean and attractive, beds comfy, pillows ok, internet fast, breakfast had options for somewhat healthy foods, and the front desk was helpful. Best place we have stayed in Clovis for a while.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms on the very end in the back as the internet is not as reliable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cragtrekker
Reviewed December 5, 2011

The best hotel yet on our trip from Canada to Tucson. Friendly greeting, clean room, excellent mattress, great room facilities including quiet room heater/air, and close to food outlets. We've paid more for much less. No question if passing through again this is our spot.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stopped by for a quick family visit. I stayed four nights. Initially I was concerned because several other hotels I contacted first had no vacancies. I think there was a county fair in town so rooms were going fast. One of the best things I liked is they are military friendly and offered a military discount which made the rate reasonable. I also liked that they offered a complimentary breakfast and Internet service. When I checked in I also noticed that they offered coffee in the lobby throughout the day and popcorn at some point in time. Even though I did not take advantage of it, they also offered a late afternoon snack which I thought was nice. The room was always kept neat and clean and I did not have any problem with the noise from the highway traffic or train tracks across the street. I only experienced a couple of minor shortfalls. One day I had to have my key reprogrammed because it would not open my door and when went to checked out there was a delay due to a problem with my bill. Apparently, for some unknown reason, the previous night clerk had check me out a day early and the one on duty did not know how to correct my invoice in order to properly charge me for another day. I’m glad I had a copy of my original reservation in order to correct their records since it was assumed I stayed a day longer than what I was supposed to. I had to wait until someone with a little more experience could assist. The second clerk thought the maid may have thought I left, if there was no luggage left in the room, but I explained there were items in the room. Regardless, it is a nice place to stay. I would stay again and would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hp_m70
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The woman who checked us in seemed to be in a daze. Not helpful. I asked if she had a map of the Clovis area. She didn't have one. She gave me brief directions to the places I asked, but didn't seem interested in helping me.

We walked into the room for the first time, we noticed several flies buzzing around. Then I saw the flyswatter on the window sill. I must have missed that on the "amenities" list.

There was a dirty, wet towel hanging behind the bathroom door-- I guess housekeeping missed that from the previous guest. Yuck!

The water in the room was completely undrinkable. I couldn't imagine drinking coffee made from that nasty water, so we skipped the free breakfast each morning. The coffee shop a few blocks away had great water, so I can't figure out that problem.

The flush mechanism on the toilet was a push button on the side of the tank. It was so hard to push, in order to flush, I had to wedge myself between the toilet and the shower to get a better angle.

At 8:30 AM the 2nd morning, the maid knocked on the door-- didn't verbally announce herself-- and proceeded to unlock the door and come in. I told her we weren't ready for the room to be serviced (my son and I were still getting dressed), so she said she would come back. Thirty minutes later I called the front desk and said we were leaving and requested the room be serviced. At 12:30 we returned-- the room hadn't been touched. I called and made another request.and we left until 3:30. Still not done. I couldn't get cleaned up because the wet towels were on the floor. Finally I reached a different front desk person who had some professionalism, and he personally brought us some towels.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank rose1289
Reviewed December 12, 2010

This was our second stay at this motel visiting family in the area. We have stayed in king rooms each time--rooms are good sized, beds are comfortable (not too hard and not too soft, felt like it had good support) with just regular hotel pillows, a small loveseat and coffee table as well as small desk. The staff are always friendly--quick check-in and eager to help with directions or missing personal essentials. The rooms have been clean each time, towels are scratchy but plentiful if requested.

Two complaints:

Train tracks across the street, very busy all night so if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs and then it's fine.

Shower head is horrible---sprays needle like small streams of water in a large circumference so hard to rinse well, especially if you have long hair.

Overall, this is the hotel we will continue to stay at when visiting family 2-3 times per year. It's clean, the bed is comfy and the service is great. This hotel is fine if you are not spending all of your time in the room, definitely not luxury accommodations but fine to get a good nights sleep (with earplugs) and take a shower in a clean bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple