“Many problems” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Redding, California
“Many problems”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

The woman who checked us in seemed to be in a daze. Not helpful. I asked if she had a map of the Clovis area. She didn't have one. She gave me brief directions to the places I asked, but didn't seem interested in helping me.

We walked into the room for the first time, we noticed several flies buzzing around. Then I saw the flyswatter on the window sill. I must have missed that on the "amenities" list.

There was a dirty, wet towel hanging behind the bathroom door-- I guess housekeeping missed that from the previous guest. Yuck!

The water in the room was completely undrinkable. I couldn't imagine drinking coffee made from that nasty water, so we skipped the free breakfast each morning. The coffee shop a few blocks away had great water, so I can't figure out that problem.

The flush mechanism on the toilet was a push button on the side of the tank. It was so hard to push, in order to flush, I had to wedge myself between the toilet and the shower to get a better angle.

At 8:30 AM the 2nd morning, the maid knocked on the door-- didn't verbally announce herself-- and proceeded to unlock the door and come in. I told her we weren't ready for the room to be serviced (my son and I were still getting dressed), so she said she would come back. Thirty minutes later I called the front desk and said we were leaving and requested the room be serviced. At 12:30 we returned-- the room hadn't been touched. I called and made another request.and we left until 3:30. Still not done. I couldn't get cleaned up because the wet towels were on the floor. Finally I reached a different front desk person who had some professionalism, and he personally brought us some towels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank rose1289

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

This was our second stay at this motel visiting family in the area. We have stayed in king rooms each time--rooms are good sized, beds are comfortable (not too hard and not too soft, felt like it had good support) with just regular hotel pillows, a small loveseat and coffee table as well as small desk. The staff are always friendly--quick check-in and eager to help with directions or missing personal essentials. The rooms have been clean each time, towels are scratchy but plentiful if requested.

Two complaints:

Train tracks across the street, very busy all night so if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs and then it's fine.

Shower head is horrible---sprays needle like small streams of water in a large circumference so hard to rinse well, especially if you have long hair.

Overall, this is the hotel we will continue to stay at when visiting family 2-3 times per year. It's clean, the bed is comfy and the service is great. This hotel is fine if you are not spending all of your time in the room, definitely not luxury accommodations but fine to get a good nights sleep (with earplugs) and take a shower in a clean bathroom.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

Room was a nice size, clean, and big enough for one or two nights. It is right across from the railroad tracks which are always busy. Hotel sits on the highway with all the other chain motels, one right after the other. We had a little trouble finding our room. The room was 230. It was across the parking lot from the lobby on the second floor. Fine. But the first two rooms we came to off the stairway were numbered in the 300 series. ??? Who numbered these rooms?

Breakfast was "hot". Included the standard egg patties (don't place in microwave or they will blow-up, read the sign), sausage patties, waffles, bread, ucky standard sweet rolls, juice, milk and coffee. Enough to get you started though.

To me the price was high for what it was but I think most places charge too much.
I would stay there again..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Conroe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

Last night of hotel, heading home after weeks long vacation. I love that you can drive right up and park in front of the room door. Trains constantly running across the street, but believe it or not, you cound not hear them in your room. The room was a bit musty smelling when we first got there, but was ok after a/c was turned on. Slept well. Breakfast room was big and plenty to choose from - including eggs and sasage. And the most important - reasonable ($68 I think) and clean!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

We're here now. two in a king for $72+tax and it's O.K.! right in the middle between the "higher end" and the opposite. It's got a couch, a fridge, and a nuker -- it's clean and you can drive up to the door. Go for it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
tempe, az
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2009

I was staying in Clovis with friends for the Christmas holiday. From the general idea I'd been given of the city itself & the look of the hotel online, I didn't have very high expectations, but I just wanted a place to stay. The rate was good, the service on the phone & in person was lacking(including what seemed like an insinuation that I was using the room "hourly"), but the room we got was much cleaner & nicer than I'd expected. Since it was a smoking room I thought it would be as bad as an old Vegas hotel, but it smelled fine in there & I think they've redecorated & not updated the pics online. Either way, very good experience considering! The only few things I'd prefer-sheets ready in the room for the pullout couch & more than one ashtray would have been useful. Also good to know, it's an outdoor corridor...i hadn't realized that when i booked, but i felt safe. Very good!

• Liked — Good price & more than I expected
  • Disliked — The walk accross the parking lot(windy)
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank czecher
Albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

What a surprise. Very clean rooms. The suite is a great bargain. I have stayed here a number of times, and have been pleased each time. The sound of the train rumbling by, may not be pleasant for all, but I enjoyed the sound.

• Liked — Cleanliness, and price
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple