“Great NM Mexican Food”

Leal's Mexican Restaurant (On Prince)
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Clovis
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: 54 years of our family serving authentic Mexican Food and a wonderful dining experience to our friends and neighbors in Eastern New Mexico and West Texas.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Living in Austin, TX, I never get to eat my beloved NM Mexican food due to their ignorance of its brilliance and these Texans ignorant addiction to Tex-Mex. As such, eating dinner (and later lunch) at Leal's was dream come true for this NM native. Over two meals (several days apart) I enjoyed their Chile Relleno, Chalupa, Taco, and Enhiladas, all with green chile sauce. YUM! Highly recommended. The staff was also friendly and extremely attentive. The prices were also very, very good.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped in at Leal's on our way home and believe me their food was great,,,chips and salsa and my husband finally tried "Carne Asada" and he was very impressed with it,,,good food, good service and a great family restaurant,,,it's always nice when you can get good authentic Mexican food!

1  Thank Mrsjones4746
Reviewed July 28, 2013

First time at Leal's, and once I read the description of the stuffed avocado on the menu, I read no further. How can you go wrong with a deep fried avocado stuffed with chicken and cheese?! It was great, with fast, friendly service.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

They recently remodeled and it is a very nice atmosphere, but you can't eat atmosphere..........food is way better on Mabry Drive and not even close to the original restaurant in Muleshoe. Their parking lot is nearly always full, however??

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stopped in Clovis on our way back to Texas and had dinner at Leal's. We ordered the Crispy Relleno plate, and the chicken enchilada (with green sauce) and brisket taco plate. Everything was delicious. Being a Mexican-American and a Texan, my expectations of Mexican food (or Tex Mex) are quite high. Leal's met my expectations. Also, I have to say their charro beans were legit--cooked with bacon, beer, and jalapenos! I don't know when we'll be in Clovis again, but I highly recommend this place to anyone passing through.