“Clean Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Review of Hampton Inn Clovis

Hampton Inn Clovis
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Aztec, United States
“Clean Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We came for the Livestock Auction and hotel was close by. Room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. I am a light sleeper and by leaving the fan on all night the train whistle did not wake me up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Alamogordo
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Staff is always friendly and helpful, rooms clean and smell nice.. Breakfast is always good love make yourself waffles.. We go out of our way to find and stay at a Hampton Inn. Love the Hilton Honor points

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Tulsa, OK, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very good for the price. The only down side really is the train noise from across the street. Beware, the train runs nightly, and usually more than once per night. The staff were excellent, very helpful and informataive about the area. The breakfast is okay, if you want to save a buck.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped while returning on a motorcycle trip from Colorado to Houston. We were wiped out tired from our ride, and in need of a good nights sleep. The staff warned us about the train and put us as far away as possible on the back side of the hotel. When I first heard the train whistle at midnight or so I burst out laughing...OMG.. it sounded like the train was in our room! We did sleep well once we put the earplugs in.

I always enjoy the clean duvet covers at Hampton Inns.

I had misplaced my prescription motorcycle sunglasses. I had looked everywhere, on the bike and in the room. I had told the staff what I had misplaced and was about to drive off a few minutes later when a young man from the staff came outside with my glasses. He had gone back into my room and made a sweep and found my glasses! I am so grateful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Clovis, and have been there before, so luckily I knew about the trains. They are extremely annoying, but the hotel staff is nice enough to leave little earplugs in the rooms for you, which help. The girl that checked me in was really nice, as was the one that checked me out. This was an in and out trip, so I cannot comment on breakfast or anything else. Hamptons are very consistent, and I was pleased. Just move the traintracks please. HA HA I would def return to this hotel. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the tracks, if there is one. I'm not sure if the trains run all around...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank midwesttraveler405
Port Clinton Ohio
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Poor customer service. Diamond Members beware - no benefits staying there! Upon arrival no Diamond benefits offered, and when asked ...it was as if I were interrupting their personal conversations. Extremely condescending attitude - I stay at Hampton/Hilton across the United States and have never experienced such poor customer service by Hilton personnel. Will NOT return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is right next to a major rail line crossing and has trains passing by every 10-15 minutes. If you want a restful stay at a hotel, this is NOT the place to stay. The staff was professional and helpful, however, they have no control over the proximity to the railroad crossing and after all, rest is why we stay at hotels as business travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mistie G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clovis, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Don W.

I would like to sincercely apologize for the inconvenience with the railroad noise. We always try to make sure our guests are aware of our location next to the railroad by placing this information on our website, informing guests when making reservations, and upon check-in. We also provide earplugs in the bathroom and always try to get our guests in rooms as far away from the railroad as we can when possible. Again, I would like to apologize for he inconvenience.

Best regards,