“A Surprise”
Review of Hampton Inn Clovis

Hampton Inn Clovis
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised. Many Clovis motels are less than adequate, but this one was great. Bed was comfortable and roomy, room was very clean, handy entry to room, breakfast was tasty and varied. Could have used a better variety of fruit, but everything was good. The staff was friendly and helpul. Good and comfy.

Room Tip: Got better price on Kayak.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn two separate nights on a road trip to Colorado & home again to Texas. We used HHonors points to book a King room with sofa bed. There is a refrigerator & microwave in the room, and free wifi for all guests. The bed was average, but the staff was superior and the breakfast was good. I loved the availabiltity of coffee service and fresh fruit at all hours. Other guests have mentioned the train. When we were awake, we could hear quite a few....several per hour. But we only heard them at night when we awoke to middle of the night potty runs. They did not disturb our sleep at all. We sayed in a "King Suite" (only difference was the sofa bed, I think. Same number of points as a king room without the sofa. We stayed in room 120 the first time, so requested it for our visit a couple of nights later. The staff were amazing. The same clerk at the front desk checked us in both times. She was super. Even called the room after we had been there for 10-15 minutes to be sure everything was working properly and to our liking. The breakfast attendants were also very helpful and courteous. Two pleasant stays in one week.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was a quick overnight trip for us and I have stayed at Hampton Inn's in other cities and have been impressed. The Hampton Inn in Clovis, NM did not disappoint. The staff are always helpful and very friendly. This property has an clean indoor pool that we used since it was a way to entertain our young child for a couple of hours. The room was very clean with upgraded furnishings and was in great condition. The light in the bathroom was very dim, and I suspect that it was due to the bulb getting ready to burn out. If that is not the case then I'd suggest to them that they have brighter bulbs in the bathroom. Definatey not a deal breaker. The bed was ok as far as comfort, however, I have very high standards in a mattress. So take that for what it is worth. It was a little soft for my liking, but again, other people may find the bed to be quite comfortable. The breakfast bar was standard for Hampton Inn - they provide a variety of foods to choose from. I found the fresh fruit to be soft and some apples were rotting and molded so I threw them away. There were plenty of other options of food to eat. The dining area was clean, neat and convenient. I always appreciate that I can get coffee, tea or hot chocolate at any time day or night in the lobby. I would recommend that you request a room on the opposite side from the train tracks. We never heard the train in the room that we were in. The train tracks are immediately across the street but I would not exclude this property from your choices. It makes up for location in it's cleanliness and staff courtesy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the train tracks as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were looking for a decent place to spend the night after a day on the road and coming off of a visit where we got very little sleep because our housemates worked nights and stayed up until the dawn, talking and cooking, with pots and pans banging in the kitchen. Imagine our surprise when we realized this place was next to a train tracks that seemed quite busy. But the room was spotless, the bed comfortable, and we never heard the train at all. Breakfast was fine, and the breakfast area comfortable and nicely decorated. All in all, it was a comfortable place with a nice sized room. I tend to read rather than watch T.V. so I cannot comment on the number of channels or anything like that. The wireless worked for the Internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anniekelly
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is a typical Hampton Inn. From the exterior it has the standard Hampton Inn architecture. The interior has current furnishings, large bathrooms, and typical amenities for this chain.

Like so many hotels that I stay at frequently, one of the things that sets the property apart from the rest is... the staff. Very friendly and accommodating. Staff can make or break a hotel experience, no matter how good or bad a property is.

In terms of the comments about train noise, there is no glossing over that. The train tracks are across the street. Attempt to get a room at the northern end of the building. Ear plugs are available, which I don't use. The counterpoint, I have stayed in hotels rooms in large cities with more ambient noise.

Room Tip: North side away from train tracks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Several times in the past we have stayed at this Hampton Inn and it appears that it is in decline. They have disconnected many of the TV channels previously offered; the TV channel listing is no longer correct. When I see obvious changes, I start thinking of the not so obvious things that they may have changed. They have nice pillows, but when you compare them to the five pillows (Feather and/non-allergenic) and the 61 channels (over half HD) that Fairfield Inns provides, this Hampton Inn is no longer a mid-range hotel bargain. Their breakfast is average for a hot breakfast.

Room Tip: If you stay here request a room at or near the back of the property. The train noise will be less...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel is quite basic, but friendly staff and cleanliness made it fine for an overnight while on the road.The trains are very loud and all night, so I recommend foam ear plugs when staying here, if you are sensitive to noise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business