“Decent food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cajun Cowboy
Description: New Restaurant just opening.
Description: New Restaurant just opening.
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed at the Econo Lodge, too tired to drive far so I walked to the restaurant. Ordered the Chicken Fried Steak with red beans & rice and sweet potato fries. Service was prompt since it was 8PM on a Wednesday night. The steak was pretty good, the fries were a little undercooked but the red beans and rice was surprisingly good.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

took forever to get our hamburgers, finally came cold with a slab of cheese on them, when I asked the waitress for a hamburger with no cheese as ordered, She walk over to the trash can, tossed the cheese in and got a smear of red cabbage on my plate from the trash. She didn't even bother wiping it off before sitting down my still cold hamburger and even colder fries. They may improve, this was when they were still new, but I'll never know since we won't be going back.

1  Thank Shar093
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Me and some friends went to try this place out. The menu is pricey but you get a lot of food and it is delicious! I had the cajun cowboy platter and it was good. My friend had the chicken fried steak and it was huge! The only complaint was on the chicken quesadillas which seemed to have more spinach than chicken! Good service too!

Reviewed August 27, 2011

One of my BFFs and I went to celebrate a special event. We shared our orders and both really enjoyed our choices. She is gluten intolerant so had a Cobb Salad which was fresh and crisp and very generous, although they did forget the avocado. (Good sized portions seems to be the norm as we saw other orders come out.) I had the Red Beans and Rice which was savory and seasoned perfectly. It included a horizontally cut half link of grilled sausage that was the perfect accompaniment. Our server was attentive. Had a wonderful visit with Chef Jon. They are experiencing some of the typical newly opened challenges and working on getting a beer/wine license which will be a good addition. They are located on Mabry Drive and close to a number of the hotels/motels along Mabry. I would urge folks to support a locally owned business (there is food beyond the world of chains and franchises). Cajun offerings are enticing but plenty of good options for other tastes.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have spent several months in the La, MS area, so I was really excited to try this new restaurant because they serve cajun food, but unfortunately, i was so very disappointed with my experience. I ordered the boudin balls as an appetizer, and it was not boudin at all, they were breaded oysters, and I only got 3 quarter sized pieces. I also ordered the shrimp creole, which wasn't creole either. It was a plain, bland pasta dish with absolutely no spices whatsoever and with very over cooked pasta. Needless to say for the price (which is on the high side) and the quality of the food (which was terrible), we will not be going back to this restaurant.

1  Thank Dee1843