“It will do if you want BBQ and a beer”
Review of Fat Boys Barbecue

Fat Boys Barbecue
Ranked #39 of 92 Restaurants in Clovis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited Fat Boys as a part of a work trip. They do have beer on tap (including Shiner, and other local area beers). The bbq was nothing special, but will do if that is what you want. Most of our party thought the portions were somewhat small, not that we minded - just an observation. I had a brisket sandwich with cheese and onions - it was fine. I ordered sweet potato fries and they were clearly the frozen crinkle kind, but ok. Prices were ok - service was present, but nothing special.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I am happy this place is in Clovis. I don't really like most of the restaurants in this town, but this one is pretty good. They have a good selection, good prices, a nice atmosphere and their food isn't bland like most of the places in this area. I go back frequently and love it there. I haven't met anyone who didn't like it.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

the food was real good, staff was friendly, prices were about average.
I will go back again.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were just passing through Clovis for a night and wanted BBQ. Given the name of the restaurant, we were surprised by how little BBQ there is on the menu. Our chopped brisket sandwich, fries, and green salad were not bad, but certainly not worth a return trip. I don't know what else Clovis has to offer, but I have had much better beef BBQ in Oregon. On a Friday night, the place was loud and busy. The service was quite good for the busy-ness.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The service is good, and so is the food! I suggest the brisket nachos or the green chili cheese fries.