“Consistently Great Steak”

Dining options: Reservations
Clovis, New Mexico
“Consistently Great Steak”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We go here to have a wonderful steak a couple of times a year and always on our anniversary and special occasions. Usually my birthday pick also. Their steaks are consistently good and I love the "Firebird" appetizers. Very nice steakhouse for a small town.

• Visited October 2013

chicago
“Good service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The food was only fair, but the staff friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere was pleasant as well.

• Visited October 2013
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great steak, great place for dinner!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I ate at Dakota's while in town for business, and this was the only restaurant I ate dinner at all week. I chose well, too. The steak was perfect, and the sides (wild rice and tomato soup) were very good complements to a fine meal.

When the soup came, it was cool, as though it had either not been heated enough or not recently enough. I asked for them to heat it up and the waitress was very apologetic and took care of it immediately. The soup was very good, and worth waiting the extra time for.

I went fairly early in the evening, around half past six, and there was no wait at all. By the time I was done eating there was a line, so go early!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bzkarasek
Clovis, New Mexico
“New management...very disappointing.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hadn't been here for a while - thought we'd have a good meal. WRONG!! First of all, they had given our reservation for a booth to someone else (some "lack of communication"). Our server asked us what we wanted to drink before we hardly been seated. My husband's vegetables were cold and when sent back they came back with the center still cold. I'd had the Flatiron steak before and this was about half size of what I'd had previously. Gave the manager on duty feedback and response was pretty lame. For the prices they charge they need to get to get their act together. What has happened to quality service, food, and dining experience? Not Dakota's. What a disappointment!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ChefJ_11
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Steak...:)”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place may have some of the best steaks in clovis. The service was great and my steak came out perfect to my perfection. I come to Clovis often for seeing family and this place is worth the stop.

• Visited July 2013