“Superb Dining Experience”

Cuisines: Southwestern, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience here from entering the restaurant to departure, was perfect. We arrived without reservations on a Saturday night and were told it would be a 45 minute wait. Because we didn't have our phones with us, they couldn't page us, so we nestled down in the comfortable lounge chairs with drinks from the bar to wait. We waited about 30 minutes and were seen to a comfortable table. Our server was manning the bar and waiting tables. He was friendly and efficient. Our meal was perfectly paced. For dinner, I had the trout with locally sourced ingredients, and hubby had the Rio Grande chicken. Absolutely perfect blend of flavors on each meal. We walked away satisfied. Check their website and call to check on hours. We watched several people show up on Sunday night when the restaurant was closed for dinner.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (440)

Reviewed July 16, 2021 via mobile

Had or Anniversary dinner at the lodge. The main dining room is closed for renovation so we were seated in the lounge, “Rebecca’s”. The lounge is darkly paneled, coffered ceilings and had a woods featured wall paper in keeping with the location in the mountains. Service was excellent as befits such a location. As with many things in our post pandemic world, they have adjusted as best as the can and for example there were no barstools at the bar yet. My wife had a lovely Monty Christo sandwich and I had the soup of the day as an appetizer, a creamy chicken and sherry flavored delight. I had the Pistachio Encrusted Trout which was also fabulous. For desert we shared the Chocolate Mouse, which I can never resist. Our meal at the Lodge was as good as I had hoped it to be as we had never been. Recommended for sure.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed November 30, 2020

Due to COVID-19, inside dining was closed. Yet the staff created a charming outdoor sitting that made you prefer outdoor eating. The menu was very limited but the food that they had was delicious.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed October 17, 2020

This was my wife and my first time and in Cloudcroft. The Lodge is a very fun, old hotel. We were there at five and seated quickly. Richard was our server and he did an outstanding job. Only issues with the service was they took our soup to the wrong table. A five-star service wouldn't have done that. They seemed a bit confused and weren't always sure who was supposed to wait on the table.

We both started with the soup of the day which was advertised as french onion. It was very good and the broth had great flavor. With that it was NOT french onion. There was no cheese in it. There were curtons and not bread on top. It was really an onion soup. It was good but not what I was expecting.

I had the salmon. The salmon did not look great when it was served. I thought it looked like ham. But oh the taste was outstanding. The boiled potatoes and cauliflower were good and cooked right but weren't five start. My wife had the pistachio crusted chicken fried steak. The potatoes and cauliflower were cooked the same but she had the gravy from the steak. The biggest issue was the steak was a little over cooked. It was very good but not 5 star.

We had a great meal and enjoyed the experience. There are plenty of good options even with a limited Covid menu.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed October 11, 2020

Even though they are serving a somewhat limited menu these days, the selection is varied, and the food is excellent. Our waiter Richard took very good care of us

Date of visit: October 2020