“DAVES IS AMAZING”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The service is SOOOOO great! Everyone in the staff is so kind!! All of the burgers are so delicoussssssss!!! My family and I go up there everyone weekend to get there food only! Once again, Dave's is very very goood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ordered hamburgers and burritos. The hamburgers were OK but nothing great.... But the burritos were absolutely disgusting. The meat tasted like it was is a freezer for 15 years unwrapped and suddenly thawed in a microwave. Several of us (a larger group) ordered burritos and had the same experience. They offered to bring out other food which was substandard. The waitress was nice and tried to make things work. The chef lied about the meat being bad.

nmfoodie, Owner at Dave's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2015

I really have to address the both the horrible service and terrible taco reviews. I will not make any excuses to the service but say that it was a bit confusing to some customers as to where to go to be put on the list for the restaurant. I would encourage these customers not to judge us on a weekend that we had every factor against us that week. Three sick employees with a staff of just 8, busiest weekend in the holiday season, I have talked to the staff about the this one negative for sure, service should never be a reason that people don't come back to Daves Cafe. I pride myself on the service backing the quality of food that we do put out consistently here.

I am without a doubt sorry for your service experience and hope that you try us again and if I am in the kitchen, I can make it out to say to hi to you and really show you what Daves Cafes is really all about.

I think the four and five stars that we have accumulated is a huge factor and a tell tell in the consistency of our Cafe.

Chuck Venable
Owner/Operator of Daves Cafe

Reviewed November 30, 2013

They have some okay burgers, and some pretty meaty ones. My son got the heart stopper and he really liked it. The fires are fresh and tasty,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had my first, and will not be last- meal at Dave's Cafe today, in the quaint mountain town of Cloudcroft.,and am SO happy I don't live too far to go back.I had the crispy chicken salad, not frozen chicken or but real, white meat chicken, hand dipped and so crispy, and not just plain old lettuce, but a nice spring mix with tomatoes, cuucumbers and peppers. My sister and husband both had burgers, which they said were excellent. The french fries are had cut, DELICIOUS! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had the chicken tortilla soup-the special--...It was tasty and delicious. You can't go wrong with the chicken tacos or the chicken clapper. I am a local and this is my go to spot for lunch. I am never disappointed. This is the best quick lunch food on the mountain. Diane and Kira make a wonderful cook/server team. Not only is the food good, but the service and company just can't be beat. Daves makes you feel just like family.