“Typical Diner, Nothing Fancy”
Review of Big Daddy's Diner

Big Daddy's Diner
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Cloudcroft
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Full Service Restaurant located 9000 feet above stress level in beautiful Cloudcroft, NM 88317. Clean and friendly, large menu, lots of specialties. Can accommodate large groups.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Typical Diner, Nothing Fancy”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went to Big Daddy's after traveling all day and just needed a good meal. We looked at the reviews and found this place. It was around 8:00 at night on a Saturday and they were closing soon. The atmosphere was great and the people were wonderfully nice. The food was OK, typical diner food. I had a greasy burger. My wife tried the BBQ, and it was OK also. This must be a popular place just do to the lack of restaurants in the area. Was a little pricey for what we got, but all in all, not bad, not fantastic, just OK.

El Paso, Texas, United States
“Another Great Meal and visit”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have recently had the opportunity to enjoy another fine meal and really wonderful service at Big Daddy's Diner. The greeting is always friendly, the service is unequaled in this area, and the meals are always prepared according to your individual tastes. This is fine travel food at it's best.

Odessa, Texas
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Everything was awesome!! From the first sip of tea I was transformed to my childhood sitting at my grandparents table. Ribs literally fell off the bone and the catfish was to die for. We forgot dessert and whined about not buying one of their beautiful pies all the way home.

Ennis, Texas
“breakfast was perfect and low cost”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had dinner there previous night and was impressed with meal and the pricing was very affordable.
Christine took good care of us.
The place is well heated for the cold mountain days or nights and welcoming.
Decor is minimum and not to impress anyone... simple and clean.
Went back for breakfast on our way out of town and again, the meal was perfect...
probably best value for food in Cloudcroft NM.

Alamogordo, New Mexico
“I am SERIOUSLY NOT kidding.... :D”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I live in a city below Cloudcroft (Which is gorgeous at the top of the mountain) and had heard good word-of-mouth things but had never actually stopped to eat - since the 2 OTHER unrelated restaurants I had tried there were...well, 1 professes Alabama bbq and I think I wrote a review here on one of 'em. Anyway, Thursday, Nov 7, 2013, I had the BBQ Brisket Platter and my friend had Steak Fajitas. We also shared the Sample Platter appetizer. Even THAT was fresh, hot, delicious and literally loaded with EVERYTHING (not 3 choices like the chains). The service was remarkable too. Christine was especially a joy to have and I also noticed every employee there was friendly (both to customers and each other), hard-working, and operated like a well-oiled machine (yet "undetectably"). And this all was happening in a very cozy and especially clean place, including looking into the kitchen from the dining room.The BBQ Brisket was some of the BEST I've ever had and his Steak and generous portions of fresh vegetables were really outstanding. Even the baked potatoe salad and cole slaw were dead on recipes that again, practically stunned me.

When we saw (and I remembered from what I'd heard) the All-You-Can-Eat-Catfish the next night (Friday, Nov 8, 2013) we already KNEW we'd be comin' back up the mountain the next day. Now I have been in this area for 2 years now (from Louisiana - and Florida), and this simply does not exist out here! BUT OMG, they NAILED this too! 3 HUGE, sweet fillets (just to start with) with a delicious corn meal based special recipe batter from the Owner's Grandmother back in Mississippi. (Learned that upon meeting the Owners on the way out - I felt badly about disturbing their catfish feast but simply HAD to thank them.) EVEN the hush puppies people! Even my friend, who admitted - like many - not caring that much for them or wanting to waste room on - LOVED THEM. We felt so honored to see and get Christine again who admitted she had hoped we would come back Friday too. :) She was again, stellar and took great care of us.

I SWEAR that none of this above is solicited or anything OTHER THAN the 100% TRUTH. :D

If you live or are traveling anywhere with a 2 hour radius (and most probably much wider) of Cloudcroft you simply must find out for yourself. :)

P.S. Almost forgot about the homemade desserts!! (Cobbler's Pies...SOMEbody slap me already!)