The Lodge Resort and Spa
Dusty Boots Motel(Cloudcroft)(Great Value!)
$91
Travelocity
The Crofting Inn(Cloudcroft)
Cloudcroft Hotel(Cloudcroft)
Summit Inn(Cloudcroft)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshistoric hotelresident ghostantique furnitureno elevatorrich historymodern conveniencesthird floorthe main hotelnew mexicorestaurant staffqueen roompool and hot tubthe white sandselevationkeyalamogordofireplace
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed one night in late May. We enjoyed the sunset from the tower, our comfortable room and a meal at Rebecca's (server gave us great tips on visiting White Sands). We had grilled ancho free-range chicken with pasta and a cup of soup, and green chile Alfredo pappardelle, both generous servings and well prepared. The hostess let us adjust our reservation so we could catch the sunset. Pet-friendly, lots of history. Don't expect spacious bathrooms – it's an old hotel!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RustyJohnsonCity_TN
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

The Lodge is originally from 1899 and breathes history - dark wooden furniture and chandeliers give you a taste of good old Victorian times.
Staff was extremely friendly - when we first came in, they saw our cameras and immediately offered the key to the tower (without even knowing that we'd be hotel guests!) from which we had a great view. They also checked if our room was ready at 2pm, two hours before official check-in, without us even asking.
Our room was classy with a very comfortable bed. The only pity was that the pool and hot tub were being renovated, but as we traveled in shoulder season we understand that this is the time for maintenance.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

The Lodge is a lovely old lady, a resort designed to beat the heat that dates back to the 1890s. It is situated in the pure mountain air of alpine Cloudcroft. The rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques. The wifi is free and fast and dependable. Be sure to ask for the key and climb to the tower for a spectacular view clear across the Valley of Fires to White Sands. Also check out Al Capone's bar and the Governor's room where every Governor of New Mexico has stayed. The food in the dining room is excellent. I had herb crusted rack of lamb for dinner. One order consists of 8 lamb chops! This comes with soup or salad and roasted potatoes and a veg. Much more than one person can possibly eat.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DEngelJ
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

A historic lodge with lots of charm and a unique par 68 golf course where you play different tees and separate flags on each of the 9 holes. At over 9000 feet the ball really travels.

Has a spa which I didn’t use, but did enjoy a nice Sunday Brunch at Rebecca’s, their in-house restaurant.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I was really looking forward to visiting this Lodge. I saw it years ago and was fascinated. The experience was very disappointing. The location is gorgeous and the facility is charming in many ways. However I paid over $200 a night for a "suite," and found much to detract from my experience.

The two rooms were very small. This is to be expected in older hotels. However, the place needs some major remodeling. The bathtub was cracked. The sink was cracked and stained. The faucets on the tub were about to fall off. The shower rod was so rusted it was difficult to pull the shower curtain . The pull-out couch in the sitting room was so old and in such poor quality that our 11 year old child couldn't sleep on it. The provided bathrobe was torn on the inside.

Perhaps the most disappointing aspect was that absolutely no help was offered for customers in bringing in luggage. There were not even carts available. There is no elevator, only a narrow flight of stairs. I hate to think what the experience is like for elderly visitors who are dealing with the elevation of 8400 feet.

Finally, the back door was blocked by construction. The back patio and pool area were not accessible at all. I had been looking forward to exploring the grounds, but they were not available. This fact was not stated on the website. And I certainly didn't expect this kind of limitation for the price that I paid.

The restaurant in the place is wonderful, and the meal was excellent. I will post a separate review of it.

A few changes to the hotel would have made the experience so much better. But it left a bad taste in my mouth. And a strong sensation of having been cheated.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family