TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Amazing Beauty

We returned here to the site where my husband backpacked as an Eagle Scout decades ago. While the... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2019
Suzanne S
Kentucky
Definitely Chaperone a Trek at Philmont

I did an 11-day, 65 mile trek with my son’s troop in the north area. We got to experience the... read more

Reviewed September 27, 2019
jmktravelsalot
Arlington, Virginia
via mobile

All reviews training center trading post day trek kit carson hiking gear dining hall all ages beautiful area native american phillips family backcountry treks bsa adventure library traders crew
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2015

Our boy is a counselor there and he showed us around the grounds, and took us on a tour of the Phillips's mansion, and we were very impressed with what we saw and heard about. No negatives to report.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank capmotion
Reviewed July 8, 2015

I attended a course at the training center, completed my Wood Badge, and planned a trek in the 1990's. This is a favorite and totally awesome destination for my wife and I each time we head east from Angel Fire. Philmont and the Scouting program it serves represents the best our country has to offer for boys and adults as it teaches outdoor skills and leadership.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed July 1, 2015

This is a must see for anyone related the the Boy Scout movement. The main site has a wonderful trading post and snack bar that is constantly filled with scouts and leaders during the summer. Each day more than 30 crews head out on the trails and 30 crews return. It's organized buzz of activity is a sight to behold. There is also a lot of history involved with this ranch and the training center. Well worth a stop.

Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

I've been to Philmont Scout Ranch twice and both times were amazing. Both times I went we hiked over hundred miles and got to enjoy many of the backcountry activities. Once-in-a-lifetime adventure that I got to experience twice. You do have to be in a venture crew or scout troop to go. But there is programs for non-venture and non scouts
2010
2012

1  Thank nN8tdog
Reviewed June 29, 2015

This review is about PTC (Philmont Training Center) rather than back country adventures. New restroom facilities are fantastic and spotless. Dining hall staff really has customer service down and food is much better than in the past. Staff all energetic and friendly but many seem to need more training because they don't know how to get things done, where to find answers, or be aware that they might offer to find out. Museum and trading post hours make it difficult to get to either outside classes.