“It is what it is.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cimarron
Cimarron Inn and RV Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Cimarron B&B and Inns
Elizabethtown, KY
“It is what it is.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you need to stay in Cimarron and there is no where else then this is a place. My room (ski room) was small and full of beds. There was no room to move. It was one of the last rooms of the night. The carpets were stained and the bed quilts looked as if the hadn't been washed in a long time. If I wanted wifi I had to go outside as I didn't get it in my room. On the door it said the maximum rate for this room was 60.00. I was charged 65.00. At least the lady was nice while she stuck it to me. I could never get the window shades to fully close. The were broken and undersized and people were walking past until later in the night. This place will work if that's all there is but beware.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank apoplexy1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Cimarron Inn is the first place we call when we're headed to north New Mexico. We recommend to others. Yes, it's a small motel, but it's clean, there's wifi, nice towels. The management is friendly and easy to work with. Each room has a theme. It's a reminder of the time when small motels were the way you traveled across America.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank atfms
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We booked the Cowboy Cabin 2 weeks ago for 4 adults and 3 children (two 8 year olds, one 4). It was perfect for us. The kids slept upstairs in the loft. They thought it was exciting. The kitchenette is well equipped with dishes, flatware, and cooking utensils. However be sure you bring all your own spices, herbs, oil, etc in addition to your main ingredients.The bathroom had nice fluffy towels and plenty of hot water. We all enjoyed the screened-in porch and had our meals there. You can also use the picnic tables located in the adjacent yard. We also experienced the deer in the yard as you see at their website. There was AC in the downstairs living room/bedroom but not in the loft, so we opened the 4 windows up there as soon as we arrived in order to cool it down. It was pretty hot up there. I think a fan would be helpful. That is my only suggestion. The manager was super friendly and helpful. It's a great place to stay if you're on your way to Cimarron Canyon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

+ Clean
+ Fluffy towels

- No AC
- No shampoo
- No wifi signal in our room
- Bright porch lights make it hard to ensure that the room is dark. Those lights also make it unpleasant to open the window to get fresh air (see the note about no AC!)

First of all, this isn't really an "inn." It's a motel with an RV park. That would be ok, except the prices are what most people--including those of us from New Mexico--might expect at a bona fide inn, not a roadside motel (even with genuine ranch implements). One of the signs in our room pointed out this hotel takes "a great deal of pride" in offering thick, plush towels to guests. (Thus, if you plan to remove your makeup or clean your cowboy boots, for gosh sakes ask for a rag!) At the prices they charge, they should take more pride in providing shampoo and working wifi!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NM_Family_4
Claremont, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is my 2nd visit and I am just as pleased with my accomidations this time as I was last time,and I am looking forward to my next visit already.
Rooms are clean,towels are soft and thirsty,tastefully decorated theme rooms reflecting the "Old West" history of this area!!
Staff is very helpfull and super pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ramblinrosey44
Cedar Crest, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We live in New Mexico and try to explore the state when we can. We have stayed in Cimarron before (at the St James Hotel) and decided to give the Cimarron Inn a try. We are glad we did and will go back and recommend the Inn.

Our room was the Santa Fe Trail room. The decor and pictures were all appropriate. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. Our only comment was that the bathroom was pretty small - although there is a walk-in closet/dressing room which helped.

Talked with the owner who was very friendly and pleasant. She raises big dogs and we were greeted by a big friendly guy - although he is behind a kiddy gate. I have to attach his picture. The warm feel of the Inn is reflected in the flowers, flowers everywhere and unique murals painted on the side of the Inn.

Room Tip: Each room reflects a theme decor - you can choose one and learn more about the area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 874Davra874
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed here twice. The owners are nice people and work to please. They readily agreed to our request for an early check in. The rooms are old and that could be a plus for some folks.

I found the rooms to be clean and has refrig/microwave.

No a/c but it is probably not needed.

I did not find any decent restaurants.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: I think you can count on the owner to fill your needs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cimarron
Econo Lodge
Casa del Gavilan Historic Inn
Oasis (H&K) Motel
Oasis (H&K) Motel
#2 of 2 in Springer

Been to Cimarron Inn and RV Park? Share your experiences!