Elkhorn Lodge Chama
Branding Iron Motel(Chama)(Great Value!)
$105
$114
$104
$145
$125
$135
San Juan Motel(Pagosa Springs)
$120
$116
First Inn of Pagosa(Pagosa Springs)
$89
Quality Inn(Pagosa Springs)
$140
$57
$52
High Country Lodge & Cabins(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
$116
$110
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe riverfire pitgreat wifibird sanctuarynew mexicofamily reunionfront porchcharcoal grillking bedneeded a place to staybeautiful spotplenty of hot waterour night stayowners were friendlyclose to townsteam railroadnext morning
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We love to camp and stay in camping cabins, so we weren't expecting pristine conditions. On the outside it looks like a quaint cabin, however on the inside it was a decrepid trailer. We discovered a filthy stained sofa, two sagging chairs (one with a huge cigarette burn in the seat), stained wornout sheets, blankets with burn marks, filthy stove, toaster full of breadcrumbs, pots with dried up food, tiles on drop ceiling were stained and sagging, dirty shower curtain. It reeked of cigarette smoke, even though we requested a non-smoking cabin.
On a positive note, check-in was friendly and easy even though the cigarette smoke in the office was unbearable. There is a creek that runs behind the complex.
Should have cost $40 a night at the most. One of the worst places we've ever stayed. Save your money.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Osterholz
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place has Cabins and rooms spread out on the Rio Chama for fun and fishing. The property is big and easy to get away from other people. I recomend staying here for your stay and they even have a cafe on property if you dont feel like cooking in one of the cabins with kitchens.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brian L
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Awesome for dogs, love the river and walking path right behind the lodge. Staff truly enjoys having Human and K9 guests! Bag of treats and a book by their own Travelin Jack waiting. We are going back for sure!

Room Tip: Forget the modern feel and go for the Cabin! Even their motel rooms were nice...Loved my cabin..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Augustas Gussy M
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was one of the lovliest stays on a 3 week roadtrip around USA my friend and I took this summer. We arrived late in the evening but the lady at the reception was very understanding and nice. A room was big, wood made us feel like we are on a mountain trip with Don Draper, a design in the room is from 50s, everything is good quality (bed, towels...), and very clean. The nice fresh air from mountains made us sleep very well. Since the location is very nice, we took a walk on a trail next to our lodge along the river the morning after.
The staff lady was very helpful, we even got our morning coffee!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ana D
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I planned to visit Chama, New Mexico with my two dogs (an Australian Shepherd & Toy Poodle) because our Kennel has been looking at Chama to host our Reunion. I met Jill Lane and was welcomed with open arms & treats for my dogs. I fell in LOVE with my Cabin! Go there - it is not fancy but so warm, cozy and welcoming!

Room Tip: The cabin gave the right amount of ambiance to the whole 4 day experience. I did view the standard "motel like" rooms and still enjoyed the warm & unique mountain like experience in those also. This is a simple mountain experience. Down home WONDERFUL folks who run Elkhorn and felt I made new friends!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business