“I still can't believe this amazing place is right in the middle of Chama NM!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chama
Dancing Wolf Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Chama B&B and Inns
Texas
“I still can't believe this amazing place is right in the middle of Chama NM!”
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We returned from Chama last week after enjoying this lovely gem in the mountains. Having tripped over it (thank goodness) while shopping at the downstairs gift and clothing store, we were thrilled with our Dancing Wolf experience and especially with Jim, our host. Everything written about the rooms, amenities, and ambience in the other reviews here are ABSOLUTELY right on and true. We too spent our evening sitting on the beautiful balcony watching the trains, and an occasional elk grazing in the pasture below. We only had one night at the Dancing Wolf as we were in New Mexico for fly fishing at the Chama Land & Cattle Co. We moved on to the Lodge for the remainder of our trip, but we would have enjoyed staying here for the entire time we were in NM. A truly great experience....it is the nicest, most luxurious spot! You won't believe it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jackson4mom

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Mexico
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Bar none the only place to stay in Chama New Mexico. After searching high and low to find an acceptable place to stay in Chama, I found a true diamond in the rough. The room is beautifully decorated, and luxurious. The provided ammenties such as gourmet snacks, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, chocolates with the turn down service. All of which are provided with the cost of the room are just icing on the cake. The ambience of sitting on the deck overlooking the Cumbres & Toltec railroad yard is fantastic. Accomodations were exceptionally private and quite. It is obvious the owner takes pride in his business and it shows in all the details.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MeMovieGal
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed August 20, 2008

The Dancing Wolf Resort in Chama, New Mexico is absolutely wonderful in every way. The Innkeeper, Jim, is an amazing host, both gracious and discreet. His personal touch in decoration and style is without peer.

We arrived in Chama on a rainy Friday evening. Having traveled to the area quite often in the past, I was expecting a bed and a roof but not much more. When I was shown the suite I was literally amazed at the beautiful taste in decor and attention to detail. Every amenity was considered and none were forgotten. From the amazing tile-work in the bath that brings to mind a flowing stream to the wonderful walk-in double-headed shower that easily accomodates two, I could not have designed the bath better myself. It is large enough for a couple to comfortably get ready in the morning or evening without continually bumping hips with one another, (unless you wish to). All of the bedding, linens and towels were items that I would have chosen myself. The king-sized bed was luxurious, with decadent Egyptian sheets and gorgeous bedding. The television provided satellite service, although I couldn't honestly say that I was able to watch it in such a beautiful locale. A great sound system sat bedside, including an I-pod port that allowed me to play music from my laptop while lounging in bed on early mornings. A small patio/deck outside the sliding glass doors, (the two guest suites are on the second-storey), provided a wonderful location to sit and enjoy coffe in the morning and soul-warming single-malts in the evening. Both times of the day allowed for amazing views of the train station and beatifully rugged not-too-distant mountain range. The living area is plenty large enough to allow for guests and luggage, (including a large closet that allowed me to securely store firearms and clothing), without losing its' sense of intimacy. A beautiful fireplace sits in the main room although we did not have occasion to use it at the height of the summer. The mini-bar was fully stocked with snacks, cocktail mixers, white wine and a very nice cabernet. I had to use the ironing board and iron before making the evening rounds and even there, no expense was spared by our amazing hotelier. All in all, our lodging MADE our trip to Chama and I'd recommend the Dancing Wolf over any other resort/hotel/motel. **One note-For guests coming into Chama from different locations, I'd say that some of the local bars had the ability to be not-so-friendly at times, (although they were well-managed to avoid any problems), so either stay in the mainstream watering holes or make sure that you're comfortable with some confrontation. We managed to attract people's attention without attempting to in any manner, mostly by being tourists in local hang-outs. Overall, however, the scenery, hospitality and beauty of our trip will bring me back to Chama again.

• Liked — Style, decor and views
  • Disliked — It was very difficult to find truly quality dining in Chama.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank casasdetapia
Albuquerque New Mexico
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This place is just amazing; five star ammenities. This property only has two rooms, adults only - no kids, no pets.

Balconies overlook "downtown" and the Cumbres and Toltec rail yard, watch the trains coming and going with the tourists and the kids giggling in delight.

The shops under the store are just super, the proprietor is just a great person. You get a fridge stocked with drinks and snacks included in the price, and a fresh snack drawer with treats.

Decorated in high end furnishings, it's like a mini museum. Luxurious baths, spa treatments available - you just have to check this place out.

If you love Chama, you will be won over by this facility.

If you don't "get" Chama, then I can't explain it.

• Liked — The ammenities and decor
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AlbuquerqueRealtor