“In a feed store?” 5 of 5 bubbles

San Marcos Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cerrillos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cafe, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“In a feed store?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I was so surprised when my husband and I arrived at the cafe. We eat at a feedstore in upstate New Yotk and San Marcos would be a five star in comparison. Very cute. We sat by the fireplace. The service could not be better. The food was very good. My husband loved the feedstore burrito. If you are on the Turquoise Trail, stop at San Marcos for breakfast!

Santa Fe, NM
“Well worth the short drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

San Marcos Cafe is so cool! It's a short drive from Santa Fe, so my husband and I go there often for breakfast, and when we have out of town company, we ALWAYS take them to this restaurant. First of all, the food is great with our favorites being the blintzes and cinnamon rolls to accompany our eggs......secondly, the atmosphere is fun.......peacocks walking around the grounds, turkeys and chickens in the backyard and a casual, funky atmosphere indoors.....service is always good and the menu offers a lot of variety. (since we only go for breakfasts, I can't comment on the lunch selections, but I would guess they are equally as yummy). For a nice change from all the great restaurants in Santa Fe, hop in your car and take a drive; you won't be sorry!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BKandCB
Cerrillos, New Mexico
“Just like home only better since I don't cook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stop in everytime I go to Santa Fe or whenever I get the chance. I always get the same thing (such a creature of habit) so they just place my order when they see me, sooo easy. Love it, better than home and with their fireplaces and cozy atmosphere, good food and great service I don't ever plan to cook, oh, I don't cook anyway, never did and won't. Love it.

Visited January 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Love country cafes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a sweet little cafe about 10 miles out of Santa Fe on route 14 heading towards Madrid. It is part of a larger complex that includes a farm/ranch feed store. The cafe inside is very cute and intimate, with dim lighting and attractive artsy appointments. We were there on a very cold day in January and they had a large potbelly stove in the main room blazing away.

They have both a simple menu with traditional breakfast and a set of specials more like you would find in an arty cafe in downtown Santa Fe. We sampled from both and everything we had was nicely presented, prepared and delicious; some of the best breakfast potatoes in recent memory. Their coffee is adequate but not as strong and good as at a coffeehouse.

The service is also adequate, if a bit I inattentive and impersonal. This is the only area in my experience the that I can see needing improvement--work on a more gregarious engagement with the customer from the time they step in the door to the time they leave.

That said, I look forward to returning to this cute and worthy country cafe. Can't get enough of good eating in the middle of wonderful nowhere!

Albuquerque
“Cheese Blintzes in New Mexico???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

YES indeed on the breakfast menu. They were great. Plenty of excellent cheese snuggled in two delicate crapes with plenty of raspberry sauce. As you can see the menu is very eclectic. Ox Tail soup was a special today. Since they are only open for breakfast and lunch, the breakfast menu is always available. By the way, the sign always says OPEN even if they are not. Just part of their funkiness. As others have stated, it is located in the open country on the west side of NM14 all by it self. So if you think that you will never get there from Santa Fe, there it is. Have eaten there many times always great.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to San Marcos Cafe? Share your experiences!