“Another great ride!”

Broken Saddle Riding Company
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Cerrillos
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Another visit to Santa Fe, another great horseback ride at Broken Saddle. I always ask for Zane, a wonderful horse that goes as fast or as slow as I want him to go. On this ride, Zane was very peppy. The rides at Broken Saddle are divided by rider experience. The horses are smooth riding Missouri Foxtrotters or Tennesse Walkers. If you're experienced, you canter up the hills by old mines from the 1870s, and through the arroyos. The horses are athletic and well cared for. Harold, the owner, will only allow rides when the weather/trail conditions are safe. I trust him 100%! We'll be there again in a few months and my first call will always be to Harold to arrange for another perfect ride.

All reviews
"state park"
"an amazing experience"
"old west"

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just came back from our 1.5 hour ride this afternoon. The stable was an easy 40 minutes outside Santa Fe, and the experience was a real pleasure. Harold and his crew were professional and knowledgeable and the horses were real champs - Tennessee Walkers, we were told. I'm a real beginner rider, but their canter was smooth enough that I didn't get scared. Very reasonable prices and a great experience for those looking for a jaunt just out of Santa Fe.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We just returned from a fabulous trail ride with Harold of Broken Saddles. He really cares about his horses and they are in top condition. We did the 2 hour loop and the scenery was great. We rode Tennessee Walking Horses and their gaits were wonderful. The are so smooth over rough terrain, it was such a pleasure. If you are in Santa Fe, this is a great way to spend a morning.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've read such wonderful reviews of this place, so it was going to be a definite part of my New Mexico vacation. I e-mailed them ahead of time to ask for specifics, but I never heard back. While in New Mexico, I tried to call them to make a reservation, but I couldn't get any specific times available for rides. I was even told that other places were cheaper and I could look those up or call back later. (Huh?) I did call later, left a message for available times, and no, never heard back.

I think this is a busy business, but I can't help feeling customer service could be a bit better. I really do hope to try the actual horse riding experience, but the reservation/ website experience left me puzzled.

2  Thank Lovelaughtravellive