“Extra Napkins Required!”
Review of Burger Boy

Burger Boy
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Cedar Crest
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was my first time ever to have a Green Chile Cheeseburger, and it is hard to imagine how it could get any better! Soft grilled bun, real meat, fresh veggies. And a bargain at only $8.00 for a burger, fries, and free refills on the drinks.

I stopped by on my way up the Turquoise Trail because of recommendations others have made, and it was so good, I will plan my trip back to ABQ to stop again!

But the part I loved the best was the young man behind the counter, who came over to ask what I thought about the burger. He went on to tell me how the restaurant had been in the family for years, and how his grandmother still made many of the items herself. He spoke with such pride that it made the experience even more memorable.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Best green chile cheeseburger there is! Each hamburger is handmade when you order, there is no comparison. The burgers cost a little more but they are so worth it!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was driving the Turquoise Trail so I thought I'd stop here for lunch. After all, they're listed as part of the official New Mexico Green Chile Cheeseburger Trail. Burger Boy is an old style mom and pop diner (which I love). You order at the counter and then they bring your order to your table (pretty quickly). I simply had that Green Chile Cheeseburger, Fries and a Soda...all for around $8, which I thought was quite a bargain...because that Green Chile Cheeseburger? Absolutely belongs on that official list! Excellent! The service was nice and friendly, too. Any time I'm out anywhere near Cedar Crest, I plan to eat here. There're other things on the menu that look good, too, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to them I liked this GCC so much!

Keith

1  Thank KthSch
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Hands down the best burger you can buy for any price in this state. Order the daily special (double meat double cheese green chili burger + fries + iced tea) and you will not be disappointed. The tenderloin sandwich is also incredible good as are the enchiladas. Basically everything I have tried is perfect and the prices are very fair. The meat is ground fresh in the restaurant and the burger patties are formed by hand with minimal massaging to ensure the burger is very very tender and almost falls apart when you eat it.

1  Thank Zakario
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Traveling through the area so we stopped for lunch. The green chili cheeseburger was incredible. The small, family owned restaurants always have the best food, and this one ranks right up there with the best I've had. Wish I lived closer so I could go more often.