“In Capitan, Eat Here.”

Smokey Bear Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Capitan
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was told about this restaurant by the kind folks of Four Winds Motel in Carrizozo and was very glad I decided to stop off for breakfast. I ordered the Veggie Omelet with egg whites and coffee. My perfect breakfast meal. "The Outfitters" was filmed there in 1999, so there's some movie history for ya! Enjoy!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place was just what we needed after our underwhelming couple of days eating in Carlsbad. Just delicious. Everyone was so friendly, everything was so delicious! Nothing beats a good, small town cafe. This place reminded me of growing up. It was like walking into the little cafe in my home town. I half expected to see my old boss flipping burgers through the window. Well done, Capitan.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We walked in for lunch on Easter Sunday minutes before an early closing for the holiday. No problem and no rush. Fantastic Easter ham meal with all the trimmings. Some of the best food I have eaten. Great, friendly service. Wish I was a local!

1  Thank kbarofenon
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Every time I go to Capitan (even if I take only a shortcut up to Ruidoso), I make a point to visit Smokey Bear Restaurant! Their Taco-Salad is the best I have ever had - and that says a lot! Last week I tried the new Chickenfried Steak with Green Chile Sauce instead of gravy! Why didn't anybody else have that idea yet! Love, love, love! On top of that friendly family service - always a smile for you. And they have home-made pies! Tried the Pecan Pie - need I say more? ;)

1  Thank PecosAreaGuide
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had to stop for a restroom break. While waiting I was checking out the meals being served. When I saw this one ladies Mexican, I just had to have some, as we got burned in Las Vegas and hadn't had the opprotunity to have some since. Convinced my wife to stay as she wasn't that hungry but it was certainly delicious! I was so glad that I saw that lady's plate that I paid her lunch. Its funny how you come across great restaurants by accident and this was one of them and thats why I'm also taking the time to write this review. Can't go wrong here. The staff was also very friendly.

2  Thank C H