“Best Mexican Meal on our travels”

Smokey Bear Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Capitan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Mexican Meal on our travels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had to stop for a restroom break. While waiting I was checking out the meals being served. When I saw this one ladies Mexican, I just had to have some, as we got burned in Las Vegas and hadn't had the opprotunity to have some since. Convinced my wife to stay as she wasn't that hungry but it was certainly delicious! I was so glad that I saw that lady's plate that I paid her lunch. Its funny how you come across great restaurants by accident and this was one of them and thats why I'm also taking the time to write this review. Can't go wrong here. The staff was also very friendly.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank C H

dallas
“Very Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We ate here for lunch after visiting Lincoln and then the Smokey Bear Monument. It was very cute, had wonderful staff and very yummy food! This is worth the stop if you are in town and hungry!

• Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice littel diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice simple diner with fast service of decent fresh food. Decor is rustic but clean. Service excellent

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dale S
Appleton City, Missouri
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Waitress was very helpful in our ordering. Quick service too. Our breakfast was very good and the green chile was to die for.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ed5775
“Quaint little stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'm sure all of the locals just think it's good food. It is a traditionally little diner, booths, tables, and a counter. A diverse menu from burgers, sandwiches, fish, and New Mexican. The little cafe was busy but not over crowded and the staff kept up with the lunch rush. We enjoyed watching the staff interact and have fun with the guests and each other. It was nice to see people having fun at work.
Loved all of the "Smokey the Bear" memorabilia especially the posters.

• Visited August 2012