We recently stayed in the Best Western in Bloomfield and attended the nearby Animas River Blues Festival. The hotel is on NM 550 and is on the way from New Mexico to Colorado towns such as Telluride and Durango.
The town of Bloomfield is small and dedicated to the oil and gas industry so I was surprised to find the hotel was so nice.
Our bed was so comfortable, the bathroom was sparkling clean and the staff was very nice. We had a mini-frig that kept our sodas and sandwiches ice cold. The air conditioning worked perfectly - something that was not working in another Best Western in Colorado in 90 degree August heat last year.
The hotel serves a small breakfast in the morning. It's pretty good considering it's included in the room charge, with plenty of cereals, toast, fruit, eggs and bacon. The indoor pool and hot tub are very nice too.
Also of interest, check out the wonderful murals of the local oil and gas industry in the lobby. The murals are done in sort of a vintage WPA style and can also be viewed up close from the second floor balcony. A train set runs along the molding too although I haven't seen it in motion.
We like this hotel and lot and will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Territorial Inn & Suites, located in Bloomfield, New Mexico is a captivating gateway to natural splendor of the Four Corners area. Relive ancient civilizations at Salmons Ruins, Chaco Culture National Historical Park, Canyon De Chelly or Mesa Verde National Park. Enjoy world-class bass, trout and salmon fishing in the quality waters of the San Juan River. Navajo Lake State Park affords exceptional boating and fishing opportunities while an incredibly scenic journey awaits you on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Visit the Four Corners National Monument and have your photo taken touching four states at one time or ski and snowboard at Purgatory ski area. Within a few short miles of the BEST WESTERN Territorial Inn & Suites you will find recreational, educational and entertainment possibilities. Begin your adventure each day with our full hot breakfast and allow our staff to pamper you while you enjoy our indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Territorial Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Territorial Hotel Bloomfield
- Best Western Plus Territorial Inn And Suites
- Best Western Bloomfield
- Best Western Territorial Hotel
- Bloomfield Best Western