“Extremely Pleasant !”

Wines of the San Juan
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Blanco
More attraction details
Owner description: Wines of the San Juan vineyard, tasting room, and winery is an Arnold family business. We are a boutique winery, flourishing in the bosque of the San Juan River, offering a simple and relaxing atmosphere for those seeking a short escape or a new journey. Whether returning from a rugged canyon quest, day ride on a motorcycle, or fly-fishing adventure on the famous San Juan River, enjoy a trip to our family winery.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My father and I were out at the San Juan River for a week of flyfishing (the best trout stream in America) when we spotted this little winery. Serendipity is the best word I can use to describe the experience. Between the two of us, we have been to Napa, Burgundy and Bordeaux regions of France, and the Duoro region of Portugal. My father and I walked away saying how charming this little gem was and promised ourselves we would linger a little longer on our next flyfishing trip.
I am not a Chardonnay fan, but this was very pleasant, not too oaky nor heavy, with a slight hint of honey sweetness. I ordered two cases to be shipped home to NYC.

1  Thank henry j

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I must say I've never been quite so into one set winery as i have wines of the san juan. Each wine has its own beautiful, palate opening flavor and the vineyard itself is beautiful! And if youre a Merlot fan...Serendipity Merlot. Call them. Order it. Pronto. BEST I've ever had. I absolutely love love love it!

1  Thank Matthew F
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I came here on a college field trip for my sustainable botany class and it was the highlight of my whole trip!! The owners were so nice and really took their time to show us around the vineyard. Also the whole entire place was amazingly gorgeous. The wine was great and overall it was an awesome experience. I will recommend Wines of the San Juan to anyone I know who may be passing through.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I became fans of Wines of the San Juan when I saw them a few years ago at the Red River NM Wine Festival (3rd weekend in June). I can't find their wines anywhere else so I decided to go to the winery. It was a long day trip from Red River but well worth it. The scenery around the winery is fantastic and the atmosphere at the winery is set under huge shady cottonwood trees near the San Juan River. The decor of the outside is very interesting with all the native wood used as fencing and several peacocks wandering the property. There is also a nice pond behind the tasting room where other water birds stay. The young lady, wife of one of the vintners was a very gracious host when we were there. I'm pretty picky about taste of wine and they make a few that suit me. (I'm by no means an expert.) It's a great place.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We planned this trip from Red River, NM while there for a couple of weeks. Made it a one day trip, but should definitely had more time to visit. The young lady who served us was very knowledgable and we were the only ones there at the time. She made us feel welcome, and was able to assist us with all our needs. The tasting was great, the wine selection super, and the service relaxed and almost family like. Would not hesitate to visit again, but, with more time planned to enjoy the surroundings.

Been to Wines of the San Juan? Share your experiences!