“Go to Sadies instead”

Cuisines: Mexican
NM-USA
“Go to Sadies instead”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We should have read the other reviews first. Chips were thich and stale. Salsa was watery. Sopillas had a rubbery texture. The smoke from the kitchen left us smelling like fried food and we were fairly far from the kitchen. A typical plate runs $12-14.

1 Thank rowdy700

New Mexico
“Another Disappointment in Bernalillo”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I had just returned from a wonderful trip to Las Vegas and decided to eat at this new restaurant in Bernalillo on our way home. We had eaten at that location once before when it was called Coronado Grill and vowed to never return. We hoped this experience would be better.
The interior had been redecorated with white walls and southwestern paintings, some of which were very good. It was obvious that the furniture hadn't been replaced. Some of the formica (yes, formica) covered tables had chips in them and the chairs looked abused.
We were served chips and salsa. The chips were obviously from a bag and the salsa was runny.
I ordered a Corona which was brought out in a bottle. I asked for a glass which was provided. It was cold but had a Miller Lite logo on it. Our water 'glasses' were cheap plastic and our silverware was inexpensive. The napkins were paper.
I ordered the chili rellenos which I thought were good. It came with sides of rice and refried beans. My wife ordered the chicken enchiladas. She said the chicken tasted like it came out of a can.
I asked the waitress if they made the rellenos in house and she said that they did and I complimented her on them. The beans and rice were mediocre and the option of having black beans should be offered.
Once of the biggest problems with this place is the obvious indifference of the owners. There is still a for sale sign out front which makes me wonder what their motives are. The view from the dining room should be amazing, but you have to look over a lot of weeds and dirt. The fountains don't work and the outdoor patio looks abandoned.
There aren't very many good places to eat in Bernalillo so we were hoping for a new positive experience. Unfortunately we are still left with The Range Cafe as being the best place to eat here. That isn't a bad thing. Their food is still great and the service is mostly good.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Overpriced, Terrible Tasting Food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for a mid-week dinner. This restaurant used to be called the "Coronado Grill" which closed almost 2 years ago. According to the server it has recently re-opened under some of the original management. We noticed while some of the furnishings are the same, the interior has been repainted a bright white making the dining room seem larger.
Chips and salsa were brought to the table by the server. They were very salty and almost stale.
I ordered the chilli rellenos ($12) and my wife ordered the philly cheese steak sandwhich. The chilli rellenos were burned and tiny. The sides of beans and rice served with the meal were also pathetically small. The cook had apparently covered the rellenos with a lot of cheese to hide his error. The beef served on the philly cheese steak was very dry and the cheese was merely one square of processed cheese which was half melted.
We complained about the chilli rellenos and the manager gratefully removed the charge from our tab. To her credit the server took the rellenos back to the cook for his inspection. Our experience was also marred by numerous flies which attempted to land on our drink glasses and plates of food.