“Loved it”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were just into Albuquerque driving up to Angel Fire and were starving. Found this place by asking Siri which switches you to Trip Advisor (smart!) We got our first dose of yummy New Mexican food in this cute little place that kinda looks like a dive from the outside. Very clean and good inside. Good prices. Wait staff were very friendly and the food was excellent.

1  Thank Karen B

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Abeulita's is a family owned, low on atmosphere, inconsistently open, establishment that just also happens to have the best chile rellenos I believe I've ever eaten--and this is in an area where Chili Relleno is both plentiful and really good. I've also had carnitas and tacos that were exceptional and dinner always comes with a too hot to hold sopapilla you have to let cool off before eating. I like this place a lot and if you're just in it for the food, this is where to go. Lousy beer selection.

1  Thank AnxiousTravels
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stop in for breakfast, lunch or dinner and enjoy traditional New Mexican fare. The space was bright and cheery where we enjoyed a late breakfast of Huevos Rancheros which were prepared perfectly. Beans, rice and both red and green chili were all delicious which suggests any of their other offerings would be as well received. Take a trip to historic Bernalillo and stop by Abuelitas for a well-deserved respite!!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food here is properly executed and tasty, but nothing more than average. The tables, perhaps from years of having honey spilled on them, are always somewhat sticky. Watch out if you like to rest your arms on the edge.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Bernalillo location -- not to be confused with the SW Albuquerque location on Isleta Blvd... Bernalillo Abuelita's: Cheap menu, undercooked food, cheap tables, food servers who sweep the floor near you when you eat, loud talking between restaurant staff...you get what you pay for I guess. It did not even taste like authentic New Mexico food should, more like El Paso. I had been looking for a good value New Mexican style restaurant and decided to try this one while traveling to Santa Fe. I would not return under any circumstances even if it was free. The chile relleno I ordered was undercooked and could not be cut with a fork and eaten, I had to use a knife that is how raw the chile pod was. They try to make up for it by providing chips and good salsa, and some sopapillas arrived hot and fresh. I might have enjoyed the meal a tiny bit because of the low cost and side snacks, but the darn waitress kept sweeping the ground around me and because the sunlight from the windows allowed me to see the dust she was kicking up. I asked her to stop and she just moved a few tables away and kept on with it. I just decided to swallow the cheap meal whole, pay at the counter, and leave. There are better choices in Bernalillo and my opinion is that you should look elsewhere other than Abuelitas. Contact me if you need advice there are two good ones I know for sure (one just down the street, and the other one at the casino). Note: there is an Abuelitas in SW Albuquerque on Isleta Blvd that is 10x better than this one. I asked about it and the Bernalillo location said they used to be affiliated but have branched away. Too bad because the Isleta location serves up great food in my honest opinion.

1  Thank California_Wine