Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent experience!

We did a guided tour of the Bosque Express and had Charles as a guide. He was great and the scenery... read more

Reviewed October 30, 2019
Francine S
Balloon Fiesta Float

Amazing time! Very well organized and the guides were absolutely awesome . Can’t wait to go back... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2019
LizNMAutry
via mobile

All reviews rio grande balloon fiesta beautiful trip guided trip safety video high water great company paddle boarding float trip paddling adventures fun trip super fun fall colors sandia mountains year olds experienced kayakers lots of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We arrived at 5:30 to prepare for a 7am put-in for the 2017 Ballon Fiesta. They had coffee and pastries ready for us in a very comfortable environment (sofa's etc...). First their was a safety video (while we were eating/drinking), then off to the river. The vid was actually informative.

The river was awesome. We were hoping to see some balloons drop in the water, but because of the (no) wind condition, that didn't happen. We still had a view of the mass ascension from a distance. Despite the fact that I brought 2 camera bodies and two lenses and REALLY wanted the shot of the balloons dipping in the water, I had a great time just kayaking down the Rio Grande. The fog on the water was very picturesque. Safety was paramount. The guides did a good job of keeping everyone together and pointing out any hazards in the water, along with routes to take in the water to avoid getting stuck. The staff was very friendly. And the food for b-fast on the trip was good. (Apparently Mike, the owner, takes pride in his shopping for this and the food for the orientation briefing at the start). If you haven't kayaked the Rio, do it. It's easy and fun.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

This trip has been on my "Adventure List" for a long time and it did not disappoint--it began in a cozy lounge at QWPA headquarters with coffee and baked goods served before the obligatory safety video. Then we were fitted with a life jacket, paddling techniques were demonstrated and we were loaded into a van to be shuttled to the put-in on the Rio Grande. Almost the first thing we experienced was a siege of sand-hill cranes lifting from the Rio in the mist. Wow. As the sun came up so did the balloons! I think I broke my smile muscles. Besides the scenery, the staff is what makes this adventure so well recommended. They're knowledgeable about the Rio, encouraging to beginners and still seem excited about being on the river with people on a daily basis...and they put on a great river-side brunch. Put this on your list too.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I have done several trips with Quiet Waters and they are always a great time. Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

I wish I could post one of my pictures here...it would replace words. The Staff was amazing, organized and friendly. Breakfast on the River was wonderful!

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We had a great time with our two children under 5 on an easy stretch of the Rio Grande.

The staff was professional and very friendly. Our kids really enjoyed our driver Kenny. He was very helpful at the start and finish in getting us in and out of the water.

They have tours for any skill level. We loved the experience and will do it again when back in the area.