“My favorite restaurant in Belen”

Montano's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Belen
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have eaten at Montano's multiple times since we moved back to Belen last year. The food is always amazing, the service is fantastic considering that its run by family members. The chips and salsa are the best in Belen without a doubt. Chile is grown in New Mexico which is a plus for me. Get there after lunch if you want a table!

1  Thank Rchave12

Reviewed May 22, 2012

very small place, delicious food, good service, great value\

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Food is good and a lot of it. Prices are a little high and it is very cramped. You do feel pressured to eat in a hurry and get out of there because of the lack of seating.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Excellent service! I can eat a lot and they give you so much food that I had to get a to go box! So amazing! Great waitress and fast service. Best chips and salsa in town!

1  Thank Sillybeast67
Reviewed October 26, 2010

They served me chips and salsa at the beginning of my meal. Which would be great, except that the salsa bowl looked like it had been passed between a few tables first.

I ordered water with lemon or lime. They don't have fresh fruit there. None. A Mexican restaurant without lime? Really?

A chicken taco at this place involves a tortilla shell, cut up chicken with NO seasonings, a sprinkling of cheese, and iceberg lettuce. Isn't seasoning what a taco's about?

I had a bean tostado. Unseasoned pinto beans on a soggy tortilla, again with a sprinkle of cheese and lettuce.

It was the owner who was cooking. And he? Is no chef.