“Nice local restaurant, bar, cigar/smoking lounge, etc.”
Review of The Brick House

The Brick House
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Wyckoff
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Nice local restaurant, bar, cigar/smoking lounge, etc.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I gave it a very good because I like the place. Nice ambiance, looks, environment, etc.

Been here a few times to meet friend. I've never been in the restaurant for fine-dining or an event. My visits were limited to the bar area, downstairs in the cigar/smoking lounge -- and the bar menu -- burgers, sandwich, appetizers, etc.

The food is good. Nothing earth shattering. I think you pay, to some extent, for the ambiance, environment, etc. I've had the burger a few times, and it ranges from OK, maybe slightly better than average to very good. Maybe the night, the chef, I don't know. The drinks are good, service is excellent and the downstairs cigar/smoking lounge is a big hit with cigar smokers (smokers). Nice bar area, ambiance. The service downstairs isn't as good. I think they run with a thin staff down there. The service has ranged from OK to very good as well.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank cory r

New York City, New York
“Great place, great party, great food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked the Wine Cellar for 28 of us, with a table of 8 kids in the Slate Room adjoining.
Tony and Tricia were very helpful in the run up to the event, and gave us advice and attention in choosing menus themes, seating arrangements and timings.
The food was served on time, hot and with portions that didn't overface our guests. We had the beer and wine package for the adults, although we had to chase a bit to get glasses topped-up. The kids had good quality chicken fingers and fries, which we were quite pleased with because the steaks, fish and chicken dishes were a bit grown-up for 7-10 yr olds.
The cigar bar didn't put us off at all, and several guests popped in to use the bar. You just. Have to be grown up about it.

• Visited March 2013
Hawthorne, New Jersey
“Great Decor”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Place is simply beautiful, unfortunately the steaks are average. Been here twice and both times I really enjoyed myself, but steaks lacked flavor and were a bit over done. Still for an interesting atmosphere the experience is work the pricey bill.

1 Thank Forti51
Paramus, New Jersey
“Top Notch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having been to this place a few times in the past couple years, all I have are the very best of comments to make. The food is consistenly perfect. Bear in mind that this is one of few places that serves "true" surf 'n turf (filet nignon and lobster tail.) Most places have substituted the lobster tail with shrimp. Not the Brickhouse. They also have terrific short ribs, pork chop specialties and seafood selections. The service is first class. Yes, it's pricey. Remember, you get what you pay for. This has become our special event place! I've also been to the wine cellar for a party and you can't find better service! Truly a first class experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BergenLady
Allendale, New Jersey
“Great Wine Cellar Party Room!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family planned a surprise birthday party for my wife at the Brickhouse in early February. We had about 20 people in the wonderful wine cellar in the lower level. The staff worked with us fantastically to keep this a surprise right up to the big "surprise" by our guests. The food and the service could not be better. What a perfect spot for a small intimate party. You have the whole room to yourself. They even had a large installed flat screen tv that we hooked up to show a great slide show. The wait staff assigned to us were very professional and efficient despite what I had read in another review. If you want to have a great party for 20-25 people definitely consider the Brickhouse and especially the wine cellar. BTW the prices are very good for what you get. There is an extra charge for the open bar but it is well worth it.

• Visited February 2013